Used 2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

DO NOT BUY!!!!
By Nolan

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Save yourself the headache, the constant trips to the service department and being broke down on the side of the road. This car is beyond unsafe. I've had it for 2 years and its had transmission issues the entire time and has a active recall on the transmission. It's on its way back to get repaired for the 5th time and I'm sure it will break down again. Ford doesn't do anything to help. So I'm stuck with a car that value is very low because of the recall. I'm looking at a $6,000 loss if I trade it in. I will never ever buy a ford anything again. Please don't buy this car.

Great cheap used car for short trips.
By Bill Gernert

2013 Ford Focus Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

This is a great second car. Driving it made me realize that all cars will be electric sooner than you think.

Junk, Stay away from buying
By Richard Bowen

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We have owned the car since 2014 and have nothing but problems with the transmission. There was a recall and the car has been in the shop four times already and it still has problems shifting and making grinding noises. The car only has 40,000 miles and the A/C has stopped working. Ford has basically told us its our problem and the dealer has told us that the car will always have problems with the transmission. The dealer can fix it but it messes up again a few thousand miles later. Stay away from the 2013 2014 Focus.

I bought two of them.
By Michael Drummonds

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For those who say don't buy this car, you are off the mark! All you have to do is take it to Ford to have the clutches replaced! I did on my wife's 2013 SE sedan at about 40k miles on it! We like this car so much, I bought a 2013 Certified Pre-Owned Focus SE Hatchback for my 18 year old daughter yesterday! The Sync system is second to none! To those who say, Don't buy a Ford, get over yourself! BTW, they both get 33 MPG in town and 41 MPG on highway. Again, second to none! Once you have the clutches done it's a great car!

I'm never buying a Ford again!!
By NTK

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2013 Ford Focus has been in the shop numerous times for the transmission shuddering, which is NOT normal no matter what Ford says. A car should not sound or feel like this when driving normally. Now it's in the shop for a broken steering column, which broke 1970 miles after the 36000 warranty, and Ford refused to pay for it or acknowledge that it is a faulty steering mechanism. Now there is another recall for the door latch which opens while driving. Great! This car is the worse car I've ever had. I've owned it for 3 years and it has been more work, hassle and headache than my mother's Subaru of the same year, and my 2003 Suzuki, which was not the greatest car, but it was only in the shop once! Now the Suzuki is looking so much better, I should have never turned it in for this terrible Ford Focus!!!