Used 2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Stay Away. Loaded with features, poor execution
By E Man

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The "automatic" transmission gives a terrible feeling of no confidence, makes the car hard to drive and requires updates and warranty appointments. We've had many excuses on fixing the issue including that our new transmission parts were given away to others, and then told we did not qualify for the warranty transmission repair. Even when fixed, driving this car is erratic and just not good. Other poor quality items likes interior water leaks and getting stuck from push button start make this a car to avoid. Pick any Honda, Toyota, Mazda and avoid these poor quality issues. We bought the car thinking it would be a great car for our kids, but it is not.

MORE TROUBLE THAN WHAT IT'S WORTH
By Amanda H.

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You will have to take this vehicle to the dealer for repairs numerous times. I have had to take my car in at least six times in less than two years. It has several recalls and needs several other recalls done to make it safe to drive. The transmission computer module reset had to be done on my car several times, Ford reset it twice and replaced it three times on my car. It is in again with transmission issues that was not part of the recall by they are replacing it free of charge. Parts for this vehicles have been on back order numerous times leaving me without a car for several days up to a week without a vehicle. I have several children and this car makes me afraid to transport them in the car. It will not accelerate when you need to at times. I have been getting onto the highway, pushing the gas pedal as far as it will go and it refuses to go. This car is a DANGER TO THE OWNERS AND ANYONE ON THE ROAD. There are very few good qualities about this car so it is not worth the hassle and risk. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME ON THIS CAR!!!

HORRIBLE! Stay away!
By Jennifer

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I know of 2 other people who have owned this car and they all have hated it! I will never buy Ford again. I took it to the service department 4 times in 2 years. Once to have the clutch replaced (on a brand new car) and three more times to have the "transmission computer module reset" because according to the service department employees "there wasn't anything more they can do".

DO NOT BUY!!!!
By Nolan

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Save yourself the headache, the constant trips to the service department and being broke down on the side of the road. This car is beyond unsafe. I've had it for 2 years and its had transmission issues the entire time and has a active recall on the transmission. It's on its way back to get repaired for the 5th time and I'm sure it will break down again. Ford doesn't do anything to help. So I'm stuck with a car that value is very low because of the recall. I'm looking at a $6,000 loss if I trade it in. I will never ever buy a ford anything again. Please don't buy this car.

Great cheap used car for short trips.
By Bill Gernert

2013 Ford Focus Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

This is a great second car. Driving it made me realize that all cars will be electric sooner than you think.