Used 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Ford Focus Titanium
By racerrich

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Had a 10 Focus and the engine noise was unreal so the salesperson lied through his teeth and said the new 12 fixed the problem. The engine noise is to the point on the I.S. you can not hear the radio without blasting it. The handling Pkg. 18" wheels has you riding as if you were on a Go-Cart! Jerky trans. dealer said thats normal! Gas mileage what a joke unless less you drive 55. Other than that great styling and fun to drive, but it's my last Ford & I've driven them since H.S. and i'm 72. Was going to get a Fuson but my buddy said it was JUNK and in the garage 13 times..[non-permissible content removed]

2012 FOCUS HATCHBACK TITANIUM
By ron273

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Poor ride quality. Steering is heavy. Excessive Road Noise. Finicky electronics. Confusing controls. Difficult to enter/exit without hitting head. Chrome from dash vents reflects in windows and distracts vision in side-view mirrors.
Transmission fine on highway. Too jerky for stop and go traffic.
After 4 years of ownership, still hate the car but the value has depreciated so quickly we would take a huge loss to replace it. So we are stuck with a poorly designed product.

It was fun to drive when it ran
By gris1969

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have not had my car in a while.
Seven weeks ago it broke down and Ford can't seem to fix it and they are on there 3rd try.
I have had loaner after loaner waiting.
It was a nice car until hitting around 33k miles and then it turned into the joke of my workplace.
Maybe I'll get a new one out of the lemon law.

I have the manual transmission and the problem with the car is when you go to start it, it tries to start but shuts right off.

Sync worked very well when the car ran. I like heated seats new operation better than the pushbutton one every one else uses.

Make a reliable car...period. I have had many Ford cars in the past and this is the first one that has let me down. It will take a while before my wife will trust the car when we get it back.

Our 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback Lemon
By rwig44

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

My wife and I ordered this car loaded....even had mud flaps installed.
The car drove well...but at the 10,000 mile service, Duval Ford, found the brake master cylinder was bad, even though my wife had had the car in the shop previously for brakes not working properly and all they did, was add brake fluid to the master cylinder
THe Sync system always had problems, automatic windows would become unresponsive, radio would change stations after receiving a phone call.
At 20,000 miles the main seals on the engine are leaking, when they tear into it, found both shaft seals on transmission leaking and damaged clutch pack.
We No Longer own a Ford.

First Ford bought, Last Ford bought
By gonzales393

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

This car looks good, and thats where I stop praising the 2012 focus, right of the lot I felt a shudder when taking off and car was sluggish didn't think much of it, started to notice hesitation when accelerating from a low speed after coast down, harsh or late 1-2 upshift, harsh shifting. 1st trip to shop was told it was bad gas, next 2 trips it was reprogrammed, problem still here and MPG went from 32 to 29mpg, finally was told that this was just the way the new transmission was, and there was nothing to be done, Also A/C randomly quits blowing cold air, I should of kept my SRT 4.

Looks