Used 2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

No More Nissans
By ExNissan Man

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2007 Nissan Sentra. After going through 2 sets of rear tires in 27,000 miles & the dealer wouldn't be straight with me about who would pay for a manufacturing defect. It was time to let go of my 5th Nissan. For more than thirty years I thought of Ford as "Found On Road Dead" I never considered a Ford. I Test drove the 2010 Focus SE & Wow, I was new Ford Fan. It rode smoother, quieter and peppier than the Nissan Sentra 2.0. The accessories blew me away and so much bang for the buck. Same price as the Nissan Sentra 2.0 basic. The salesman and the guys at the dealer were great! I ended up buying 2 Focus's. One for me and 1 for the wife that very day!

I like the looks & the massive amounts of features. Compass, Bluetooth (SYNC), Outside temp., Cruise Control, Keyless entry, Message Board, MyKey, Steering Wheel Controls, USB Port, MP3 Plug, Power Side mirrors, Great gas mileage, Firm handling, large trunk & Alloy Wheels.It made my wife very happy.

Uhhhh. The inside front door handles could be located further back and it would also be nice if it had wings and could fly. :)

FORD FOCUS2010 Impression
By FRANK POTOCNIK

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great ride,fantastic MPG,GOOD SOUND SYSTEM. On the early problem is the front end. The car bottoms out on the smallest of road bumps and indents in the road. It's being brought back to the service center to have the problem fixed.

Great mpg. Got 39 mpg going to Canada. Averages 35 on highway. Also good sound system. 2.0 liter engine. Has great pickup for a 4cycl.

FRONT END needs to be raised. TOO low to the ground,also fuel cap door should an auto lock cable to prevent theft of fuel and cap

Paint chiping from winter driving
By lastfocus4me

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased last Jan and drove it about 100 miles on salt covered roads after a snowy day. When I got home, I noticed that the paint in front of the rear wheel wells was chipping off. It continued to get worst every time I drove it in the snow. The dealer repainted this area and placed 8 pieces of clear plastic on the doors and fenders to try and prolong it from happening again per the Ford TSB. If you live in a area where they sand or salt the roads in the winter and expect the paint to be durable and long lasting, you should avoid this vehicle.

Sync, USB, Heated seats

Redesign body shape to protect paint from road damage, power seat option, navigation system

Great Car, Except for?
By Dwight-Moose Jaw.

2010 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find my 2010 Ford Fucus to be a ver good little car, except fot the Gas Millage. I had a 2006 Chev Optra Wagon, 4 cylinder automatic, & @ about 7->70 miles per hour on the highway got a consistent 38>42 miles per gallon. With my 2010 Ford Focus I only, @ the same speed get @ the most around 34>36 miles per gallon. My mileage in the city is better with the Focus, but still not even close what Ford Motor Company says it should be getting. I was told, & according to what Ford says that I would get 35 miles per gallon in the city & 44>48 on the highway. All in all, it is a real solid little car, & really like it except for the gas millage I am getting.

All in all, a very good reliable very well built smaller car, & am happy with it in most areas.

The 2010 Ford Focus should have no less than a 6 speed automatic transmission.

Almost a Lemon
By LastFord

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a new 2010 Ford focus SEL sedan. Liked the exterior styling. Interior design pretty cool except for impractical cup holder location. Drove the car 13K miles when the "Wrench" light came on and lost power control to accelerator. This happened 3 times with Ford not able to do anything because "Engine" had not come on and no DTC codes where there to read. Set out on vacation only to have it happen again, this time Eng light did come on. Took to dealer. They said they knew all along it was the Throttle Position Sensor but could not do anything until code verified this. Also found out that the parts have been on back order for several weeks. Ford still has not issued a service bulletin?

Ride feels stable at all speed ranges.

Lack of throttle response should be addressed. Cup holders made for those with short arms. Would like to have tilt steering wheel option.