Used 2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Sweet
By kmshow

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I waited a long time for a new car and had all kinds of input from my husband, kids, siblings etc. When I drove the Focus I was sold, it is smooth, quiet and fun to drive. I wanted a Mini but was drawn to Ford because they did not take a Bail Out and I was so happy with the ride. Drive 25K-30K a year and am getting 33 miles per gallon. Love It!

Gas Mileage, SYNC, Ride.

Little cheap inside with the plastic but love the leather seats.

New 2010 Focus 4 Door 4 Speed Auto
By D

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have put a little over 1000 miles on the clock of my new Focus and so far so good. Mine is the SE which comes with all the basic amenities and have the Sync system. Although I miss the map a little from my previous car the turn by turn directions are great. The transmission shift smoothly and has great power and 30+ mpg avg. Would recommend to anyone needing a roomy economy car

Sync, fuel economy, low price with rebates, easy to park

relocate parking brake to passenger side of console

Great car for the money
By paulashort

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the Sync System. No other maker has anything to compete, until you hit the luxury lines. I would rather have a Ford anyways, they have proven to be more reliable.

Sync Traction Control Roll Stability Control MYKEY FUEL ECONOMY! 42 MPG going 65 MPH 38 MPG going 80 MPH

Saving gas (and the planet?)
By ridgerider

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After spending several weekends in rental Foci, I decided to "downsize" to a 2010 Focus. Nine months and 9,000 trouble free miles later, I'm happy I did. The Focus is much quieter and smoother riding in its third generation, much like a mid-size car, only more nimble and easier on gas. Fuel economy was a major consideration in my purchase. Driven sensibly, the Focus gets about 20% better gas mileage than the EPA sticker. I've been lucky in all my other vehicles to even match the EPA figures, let alone routinely beat them, so I am quite pleased. The trunk isn't massive but it is big enough, and the folding seat backs create a space big enough for my road bike.

Sync, although glitchy at times, is a nice feature. It's nice to see the titles of my iPod songs displayed in the dash, and I never have to scramble to fish out my phone when it rings. AdvanceTrac stability control is standard. I don't think I've ever triggered it, but it's nice to know it's there

More soft touch surfaces and less glossy plastic, please. The Focus has plenty of leg room for my 6 ft. frame, but it feels a touch narrow. The next generation will have a five- door hatch. I would have purchased that model or a wagon had they been available.

Ford's got a winner
By robert gatrell

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I drove the Mazda3 and Civic; this little car is right there with them if not better. You get a great car for the money. I am very impressed. Acceleration on the interstate is great and the handling is nimble but firm. Hard to imagine I'm not in an expensive sports car. SES has a great curbside appeal. Ford was definitely listening to consumers when they built this car. 33 mpg all around mileage is another plus.

17" wheels w/low profile tires,sound system, both 60/40 back seats fold down, Ambient lighting and the performance suspension.

Brake pedal to close to accelerator, no compartments in the trunk, high back end difficult backing, telescoping wheel, no intermediate tray in console, needs 4 wheel disk brakes and a 5 speed auto. transmission.