Used 2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great little car
By nrudolph

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I've had my (2011) Focus SES 2.0L/4A since August 20th, and I currently have 7,998 miles on it.
My commute is almost all highway, between 60-80 miles a day.
I've average 28mpg overall (cruise at 75 on highway)which is about what I expect when you have 4 merges each way, and MPG drops with speed anyway.

In 8k miles of driving it hasn't been back to the dealership once.
Feels solid driving down the road. Interior is quiet, but not silent, as there is a little bit of road noise, but nothing bad.
I have the basic stereo, albeit with sync.
Stock speakers aren't bad considering the class of car.

Engine has adequate power, transmission does not hunt for gears and shifts smoothly.

Pretty comfortable seats, adequate acceleration from the little Mazda/Ford 2.0L DOHC. Sync is a plus, and the interior, while not on the level of Mercedes Benz/Lexus/BMW, isn't as bad as it is made out to be. It feels solid, with zero rattles/squeaks.

All of my grips are fixed in the redesigned 2012 model, but here they are anyway. Tires. While the OE Kumho Solus KH16 tires are by no means bad- they have good ride, good dry traction, average wet traction and surprisingly good in the snow, they are the worst tramlining tire I've ever seen. They follow imperfections in interstate roads. Also, I prefer a 4 spoke steering wheel (focus is 3) but that is a personal gripe. 6 Speed automatic, but again, fixed. With the 4 speed though, a more aggressive torque converter lockup algorithm would be nice. Not quite as eager to lockup for Fuel economy as my grandfathers Escape V6.

Great car so far!
By leah421

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2010 Ford Focus for about 4 months now, and have put about 4,000 miles on it. So far, I have had absolutely NO problems. I get compliments on this car, and feel safe and stable in it while driving. I can fill up with $30.00!

Pros: Visibility ( I don't find myself craning my neck in strange positions to merge or pass) Easy to operate radio/cd/ac controls Sync system is nice to have, although I don't use it much. Sirius Radio Mileage (has never gone below 32mpg, even with city driving) Spacious trunk Hardly feel like you're going 75 on the highway... driving feels effortless Blue dash lights are pretty at night. Easy to steer and park. Good speakers, easy to adjust speaker settings.

Cons: Color of cloth seats.. mine are a tan/beige color. I feel like you end up seeing every little bit of dirt. Headrests tilt my head too far forward. Don't LOVE the design of the front end.. feel that it looks too much like the past Focus models, and I don't like the look of those. Speedometer can sometimes be hard to read late in the evening when the sun is glaring. Don't like how once you go below a certain gas level, you are no longer able to perform the system check. You are stuck with the MPG screen telling you how many miles you have till empty. Took me a while to figure out how to use the windshield cleaner!! The way you have to do it feels awkward while driving.

Holds no value
By JAYBOY8801

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hi Focus owners, I bought this 2010 focus in April i down sized from a trailblazer to a car to save money on fuel. I like the car and knew i was going to lose a lot by dropping to a econo car but i did not know after paying 22,grand for a equipped focus in 8 months time it would only hold a Value just at 9 grand the whole better resale value that Toyota is truly crap. if you buy a focus you better plan to keep it until it dies

build a car that keeps its value

No know fix for odd vibrations
By nomoreFord

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, 11,000 miles and 7 multi-day trips to the dealer and still no fix for the constant shimmy, shake, odd vibration at 50 mph and above. I feel my families safety in compromised by riding in this vehicle! Dealer focused only on the tires. After the third trip I no longer received any paperwork. No paper trail for Lemon Law. Wow, I buy American for the first time in my life and get junk! So much for Fords supposed incredible quality improvements? I guess I was a fooled.

Well, initially I thought the Sync system was great. But, erratic radio reception and huge differences between music volume and incoming call volume are painful! I liked the leather interior but am already having problems with wear and tear!

Make a car that actually meets and exceeds the Ford quality media hype.

Great, solid car
By Lori

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been a Ford fan since my first car 36 years ago. I LOVE my new Focus. The sync system is very convenient and easy to use, the car is fun to drive, and the interior is comfortable. So far this car has exceeded my expectations.

Sync system, keyless entry.

No ashtray - therefore no place to toss coin change.