Used 2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Best Deal for the price
By newman88

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This Car will not blow you away with it's outrageous performance or upscale interior, but for the money this is the best car I have ever had, I am very impressed with just about everything. It's a compact so performance, comfort, and features aren't the top of the line but bang for the buck is exceptional

I get around 40mpg Highway/25mpg city, the Sound system is fantastic i really appreciate that it has an Aux port and sirius equipped. I really like the look of it inside and out. Engine dosent have the power for all out acceleration but does great climbing hills even at highway speeds

Wish the steering wheel had a bit more adjustability, and that the back seat was more comfortable/roomy. When i have the seat adjusted comfortably the back dosent have tons of room (I am fairly tall though)

I love this car
By bstraw

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed to downsize from the Trailblazer I had and needed something that was a lot better on gas milegae so I looked at the Focus. I've had mine for a few months and really like it. Other than the road noise which I read may be either the factory (kumho) tires or rims and the fact that my ignition coil went out at 40k thousand miles I love this car and would defintely purchase another one.

My favorite features are the overall look of the car. Mine is black with the spoiler. The sync system and the sirius radio.

Better adjustment for the steering wheel and the fact that the steering blovks the driver side vent

Love this car!
By dizzylizard444

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car!
I bought it brand new almost 3 years ago.
The only trouble I have found with it is that if you get into the car with snowy boots on (live in Buffalo) and the mats get wet and you turn on the heater, sometimes it fogs up the windows.
Did it once when I was on the highway!
Very scary!
I took it to Ford and they told me they had had similar complaints and it has to do with the angle of the heaters.

Other than that I love this car.
*knock on wood* haven't had a problem with it.

GREAT gas mileage! When I was doing all highway driving I got 34 mpg. Now that I do all city driving, I still get 28 mpg. I fill up about every 2.5 weeks or so. It's very fun to drive. I get compliments on how cute it is. I learned how to drive stick in this car and it was pretty easy to learn.

Wish it had a little more power, but other than that, no complaints!

Not sure.....
By chararoberson

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in Jan 2010.
In Feb 2011 the throttle needed to be replaced.
I was not able to go over 50 mph until it was replaced.
It went out on me at night on a freeway when I was diving at highspeeds...very scary.
In Aug (6mos later) the driver side window would not go up.
A switch needed to be replaced.
Have to wat one weeke for the part to ome in.
Very disappointed and concerned about these occurences.
I should't have to deal w/mechanical breakdowns on a car less than 2 yrs old.
Thinking if I should trade it in for a Subaru.

SYNC Bluetooth audio heated seats

more room in back seats for passengers taller than 5'4"

Great car
By nrudolph

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

9 months, 26,000 miles later.
I replaced the OE Kumho tires with some Continental Extremecontact DWS, and that further improved the already good ride, gave it better grip in the corners, and a quieter ride as well.

I've had zero problems since I've owned it, and it's fun to drive, with the A/C off it has plenty of power, and the transmission is responsive and the gears are well spaced for a 4-speed unit.
It has tons of grip, and very little body lean in the corners, it just grips and grips.

However, with the A/C on, and passengers in the car, the little 2.0 get's a little overwhelmed when getting up to speed. At WOT, the A/C shuts off anyway, so no big deal.

Very comfortable highway ride, smooth and composed. Quiet (with better tires), gets good gas mileaged. Drove 2,000 miles last month, averaged 36mpg at 75mph and A/C on. Handles great for a "economy" car. Back seat has plenty of legroom as long as you move the seats up just a little bit. Headroom is a bit tight for taller passengers, but not terrible by any means. Trunk is MASSIVE.

Any suggestions I'd have are rendered moot because of the redesign for 2012.