Used 2009 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good for Teens
By Jennifer

2009 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car about a year ago and thought I was going to love it. It's a good car but mainly for teens. If you have small children or need plenty of room its not the right car for you cause it is small. I have been experiencing some shaking, could be the wheels but I'm not sure. It doesn't have a button on the inside of the car for the truck, so if you don't have remote keyless entry you have to use your key to open the trunk.

Outside design

button inside of car for trunk

Focus 09
By FOCUS 09

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good value car but lacks refinement on inside and outside. No 5 or 6 speed auto

Good value. Excellent side view mirrors. Cabin interior has a spacious feel. Engine performs well. Gas mileage is ok. No body side moldings. Rear bumper cover /deck lid design acts as a water trap and drainage could have been improved. Gets dirty easily. Offer full wheel covers to improve mpg.

Mpg computer overstates by 2 mpg. Cheap door insert fabric, should be softer material. Needs 5or6 speed auto. Prefer drl option. Outside styling and seat fabric material are ugly. Speedometer is too small& gauge lacks precision. Tach and speedometer are same size. Ecs selector better as dia

Super Car
By pab from SD

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

09 Focus SES, sporty, comfortable, economical, very functional interior but most of all fun to drive. I avg 35 - 38 mpg, some interstate and city driving. I had Prius before this and the high winds would blow me off the road, but the Focus does well. In the snow the Focus as done great, Prius was too light and headed for the ditch. I would recommend a Focus for anyone, especially if they are looking for quality in an economical and sporty packaged car.

Sync system, get-up-and-go, lots of zip to move

interior trunk release

Plenty of bang for your buck
By Lee

2009 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SES coupe a year ago and fell in love with it as soon as I test drove it. I drive a lot for my job so it just clicked over to 40k and it's still driving as well as the day I got it. The SYNC system is by far the best feature in this car: hands-free bluetooth and iPod controls with no voice-training required. The ambient lighting is a major plus, definitely adds some serious style to the car. The speakers sound better than any car I've heard, especially with the 8" sub package. Fuel economy is great, I'm averaging around 32-33 MPG on mostly back road driving. Overall an excellent car for your money - comparable to many luxury cars for under 20k

SYNC, Ambient lighting, sound system, very sporty looks, gas mileage

No real complaints, but it needs an interior trunk release, and my SYNC system occasionally disconnects my phone, but that's more of a small annoyance. Also it would be nice to have the ambient lighting pulse with the music.

why buy junk?
By tomboy17603

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car 1 year now and really enjoy it. While no speed demon it has decent power. My car has just what you need power Windows, locks, a/c and Sirius satellite radio, never had it before now cant do without it. Trunk is plenty large, i do maintenance work and can fit all my tools in trunk. The main reason I got car is gas mileage, I can do 60 mph with no air and get upper 40s mpg. Yes it is mostly flat drive. I am a larger person and I am comfy in car. For a factory stereo it is really good. Overall I would recommend car to anyone.

I would have to say the best features are gas mileage, Sirius satellite, fit and finish of car

only thing I can think of is a 6 speed manual instead of the 5 speed. I could go faster and get the same great mileage.