Used 2009 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Practical, Fun, & Best Value
By awelling

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has proved to be worth every penny I spent. From the fun Sync system to my 40 mpg (all highway driving), I couldn't ask for more in an economical car. I have driven 40,000 miles with only routine maintenance and I just replaced the tires. I would highly recommend this car for anyone who has long commutes daily.

Sync, Built in Satellite Radio, High MPG, Fun Drive, Sleek Dash Board, & Low Maintenance Costs

Interior Fabric, Interior Trunk Release Button, & Back Seat Dome Light

Manual transmission
By kristin sutkaitis

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has 23,000 miles on it. I recently took it to the dealership because I had a hard time putting into reverse and into first, when it is cold outside. they said the problem wasn't happening when they had my car. don't get me wrong I love the car, but i just want to know what wrong with it. it's still under warranty. am I the only one who is having this problem?

Geat car
By Sedan

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the new blue color car and I love it. It was the perfect size for us and looks so nice. I am very proud to be an owner of a ford focus.

Love the radio and phone on the steering wheel.

sunroofs in cars without leather place for garage opener button inside to open the truck

Good for Teens
By Jennifer

2009 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car about a year ago and thought I was going to love it. It's a good car but mainly for teens. If you have small children or need plenty of room its not the right car for you cause it is small. I have been experiencing some shaking, could be the wheels but I'm not sure. It doesn't have a button on the inside of the car for the truck, so if you don't have remote keyless entry you have to use your key to open the trunk.

Outside design

button inside of car for trunk

Focus 09
By FOCUS 09

Good value car but lacks refinement on inside and outside. No 5 or 6 speed auto

Good value. Excellent side view mirrors. Cabin interior has a spacious feel. Engine performs well. Gas mileage is ok. No body side moldings. Rear bumper cover /deck lid design acts as a water trap and drainage could have been improved. Gets dirty easily. Offer full wheel covers to improve mpg.

Mpg computer overstates by 2 mpg. Cheap door insert fabric, should be softer material. Needs 5or6 speed auto. Prefer drl option. Outside styling and seat fabric material are ugly. Speedometer is too small& gauge lacks precision. Tach and speedometer are same size. Ecs selector better as dia