Used 2009 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love my focus
By Pat Bernier

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I must say I am extremely impressed with my Focus. I owned a 2003 and loved it but my 2009 is 3 times the car. No need to buy a civic and besides the Corolla is getting bad reviews for poor build quality not to mention the 4.2 million vehicle recal Toyota has this year for sticky gas pedal, safe eh?

Sync, rear view mirror fades to dark with on comming head lamps, steering wheel mounted buttons, heated seats.Moon roof.

more junk holders!

Second Posting with Updates 1 Year Later
By nannyjune

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally wrote complaining about many, many problems. Bottom line was that the car was a piece of junk. Following my posting, Ford offered me an extended warranty for free and finally figured out the problems and "fixed" them. Well, not much has improved. The car is still a piece of junk - but now pieces of the car are falling off.

To the point that I can't think that there is anything good about this car.

Buy from another manufacturer!!!!

Buy American!
By Canadian

2009 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used. The design inside and out looks good with the SES package (although inexpensive for a new car, doesn't look like a cheap car). Rims look awesome, but they will get a little scratched up being flush the side of the tire. Driving and handling are great, driving 120KM on the highway feels perfectly safe. Driven in winter conditions Dec-Jan this year, no different than any other car. Has some traction control that kicks on when slipping once...car is smarter than me. Glad I bought this over the Mazda3 (I notice more and more with the passenger door dents from attempted break ins).

Fully loaded SES, all the options together make the car rock (SYNC, heated seats, power everything, leather, steering wheel controls.....etc)

1) The door handle on the inside is too close the hinge point. In the coupe, the doors are long and a little heavy; with the handle so far in, closing the door requires a little muscle. 2) A lock on the gas cap. 3) Sliding front seats to get into backseats is not as easy as other coupes

Second Focus in Family
By born2bwild

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drives a 2007 with low mileage, I liked the feel and pep her car had and bought my 2dr. I traded my 07 Mustang because gas was just to expense to drive to work. I drive 35 miles one way to work, the car performs real good. Quicker off the line then a Cobalt or Nissan that I rented. Stylish ride comfort is ok . Fuel mileage is great, averaging 38 MPG , did 40 mpg a couple of times and I am not light on the pedal. I would recommend the car to anyone . Stock Pirelli P 6 tires very bad in real light snow. I have 24k on the car and replaced the tires because of the way they handled. But over all quality is good and looks are great. Fun to drive and feel solidly built.

MPG,handling,pep. Looks great in black and because of my issue below I put white graphic stripes on the side similar to that of the Mustang. Plus splash guards.

I have a design flaw. Could be the wider sport tires. In front of the rear wheels after only having it 4 months and driving it on a salted road,the clear coat was riddled with little visible marks. Ford repainted & installed clear patches on both sides which are visible. Problem not solved

Accelerator
By Bert

2009 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The accelerator position is THE MOST unconfortable in ALL cars I've owned I suggest it should be "hinged" on the floor board

Economy. Power

Accelerator should be "hinged" on the floor board. Increase overdrive gear for better economy