Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great little commuter car
By J V

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable, functional, body styling not bad. Some plastic pieces have become brittle / broken over the years, but car seems like it will run forever w/out expensive upkeep.

Damn Bad decisions
By Colton

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as my first vehicle, i had worked odd and end jobs for several years leading up to be 16 and i was finally ready to purchase a car. The focus really caught my attention simply because i had never seen another like it before. I purchased the car used with 115k miles for 4k, this was in 2013. it is now 2017 and I am currently waiting to trade this thing in. the first few months with it were fine, and then little things started to happen, weather it was a rattle here, or an odd vibration there, i never thought anything of it because i had the car serviced every 3k miles. the first major problem i had out of the car was the failure of the ignition switch. this happened at approximately 125k miles, about 1 year after owning the car. the ignition switch malfunctioned and the key could not be used to start the car. upon taking this car to the dealership, i was informed that it would cost 300$ for parts plus labor, and i would be without my car for 2-3 weeks. i agreed and let ford keep my car and went to pick it up 2 weeks later to find that the problem had not been resolved. after addressing this my money was refunded and the issue had not been fixed, i replaced the ignition switch and still didn't fix my problem. i know start the car with a screwdriver. another issue that i have with my focus is that the door handles have broken 2 times on each side, so instead of fixing it for a 3rd time i use a piece of string to open my door from the outside. this is the worst car i have ever came in contact with, and it is getting traded in soon! my mother says thats she's scared for me to drive it for long distances bc she thinks that is is going to leave me stranded. I'm a junior in college and can honestly say that this is the most embarrassing and unreliable car I've ever seen.

Love my Focus
By Anna Garcia

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great fuel economy. I've kept up with the maintenance and have had no problem. Have recently started having problems with the ignition switch. Sometimes have to jiggle key to start it.

Good Car
By Chad Hutchinson

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for 7 years bought new, longest lasting car I've owned. Being a home owner I have the same demands for maintenance, so I bought a 5x8 enclosed trailer put a hitch on the focus. I've pulled 50 sheets of drywall, lumber, ATV up north hunting, Ice fishing, car handles it just fine. Without the trailer I've drive through 4 inches of fresh snow fall, on federal land. My brother owned one, a guy who was blinded by the evening sun pulled out in front him, he hit him at 60, and walked away! The only reason I'm writing this review is because I'm looking at buying a newer model, but still keeping the 08' and putting snow tires on it

very happy with my car , so far
By oneoleqt

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2008 ford focus used , replaced a 200 ZX3 that was written off by insurance company . while its not a sports car it does very well in both city and highway driving . over all the car is very comfortable and quiet . the sync system is relatively easy to use but does have some weird things about it , when i use iPod connection and
drive to destination and turn off car
, upon restarting the sync does not recognize iPod and have to
scroll through menu to get it back . sometimes
refuses to reconnect . i wish there was a trunk release button in the
cabin other than using just the key and the remote fob . but other than that
very pleased with
it .

having the SES model , i have all the creature comforts electric seats sunroof auto dimming mirror and lights . sync system 6 disc XM power everything . the one thing my car didn't come with which thought was strange was the leather seats , i am actually glad it doesn't have them being i live in california and getting into a hot car with shorts on is very hot . i would have to say that the AC is my favorite feature in this car . even when its 120 outside and the cars been sitting in the sun it cools off very fast . we have a few fords in our family and aways have thought fords have very good and strong air conditioning .