Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

So far so good...
By JHorn

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in Jan. 08 with about 15k miles. I had to have the back left window motor replaced and just had front right axle and bearing replaced. It was all under warranty so no cost. Everything else has been great. The audio system is awesome with SYNC, though the high end is a little tinny and the phone calls are hard for the other person to hear when using bluetooth. The acceleration is great for the engine size. It does not handle as well as my 2000 VW Golf did, but it isn't bad. As everyone says, the mpg is terrific. It isn't that exciting but it drives well and seems to be reliable since I got those things done.

Has a timing chain and good access to oil drain and filter and spark plugs. SYNC system

Handles over doors and rear interior lights please!!! ABS standard.

Tire Problems Persest
By Riverrat

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in May 2008--gets great mileage, about 36-38 on the highway but has a serious tire problem, we replaced tires at 15,600(cost nearly $500), also had the front end relined, talked to service manager at our Ford dealer and he told us that we were about the tenth person to come to him with the same problem--he was unable to do anything under warranty, even the reline job wasn't covered now have 31,000 miles on it and tires are shot--daughter has a 2003 Focus and they have to replace tires yearly(wish she had told me about it before we bought the new one)

Dashboard night lights color

needs outside temperature gauge, need to redo heater system so that driver's feet don't freeze while the passenger roasts, CD player overheats and skips(problem that a lot of previous Fords have(no it's not the CD scratched or like, you pop out the CD and it is extremely hot)

its ok, not great!
By its ok!

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Ford Focus SE has 18,900 i've already replace a heater motor, it keeps stalling at idle but the dealership can never seem to find a problem with that. My newest found problem is now my rear end is squeaking and when i hit the brakes the car shoots to the left, again the dealership finds nothing wrong with it ever! i would own a ford again but not a focus its cheaply made! not worth the 14k your buying it for!

Sync, design, fuel economy!

suspension, engine and the quality of the car.

Great Car!
By Nicki

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I needed a new car that got good gas mileage. We bought our Ford Focus in March 2008 and love it!! The gas mileage is awesome! While on road trips we can get 38 mpg!! Now that's not too common. We usually get around 34 average MPG and with bad weather in the winter, obviously the MPG drops because of using the heater. But it's still good, about 31 MPG in winter!! :-)

Fun to drive! Gas mileage is great!

??

great car
By mj

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Focus with 11 miles on it in may of 08 it now is approaching 60,000 miles all commuter driving. Have had very little problems heater motor replaced under warranty the dealer has been great SYNC is great it is not the best handling car but the price and fuel mileage make up for that. I am trading her in when the new Focus comes out

mileage, fun to drive, reliable

handling it is not the greatest when you take your eyes off the road.