Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love my car
By Sam O

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a manual Focus and overall it's a great car. I would pick it over the Cobalt any day. Personally Im used to trucks. Until now thats all I've driven. I switched due to the fuel prices. At first I was kind of scared because I'm not used to being so low to the ground. I was used to being up high in my F-250. Don't get me wrong I love my trucks, but I also love my car. All the air bags make you feel safe. It's a car that can definitely get up and go. Although it's a 4 cylinder it's got some power. Definitely not worried when I'm passing other cars. It seats comfortably and even when you have a full car of 5 adults it doesn't feel like your too squished. Overall I love my Focus. Definitely worth it.

Can't complain about the stereo. Definitely a great stock stereo system.

I think it needs more cup holders. There's only one in the back.

Exceeding max MPG
By Dave

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After being shot down by Massachusetts car dealers, I purchased my Focus SE in Salem NH. As advertised, the car had a mileage range from 29 mpg to 41mpg. Sticker average was 35 mpg. I found that the 5 speed manual transmission outperforms the 4 speed automatic. With 80% highway driving at 2500 RPM, just over 65 MPH, I average 41 mpg, easily. I once had this car performing better in the mileage catergory at 55 MPH. I actually attained 42.6 mpg. This is the reason I purchased the car. I am totally satisfied with it. It's also fun to drive. I wonder if Ford will Offer a 6 speed manual transmission in future models.

Sirius sattelite radio is new to me but I do like it. The car is quick and I've got to be careful not to burn rubber. Shifting on the fly is excellent. Visibility is very good.

There is way too much chrome on the front end. Spoiler should be available on all models. The "Focus" decal on the doors, as seen in the flyer should be made available sooner. The car looks sporty and improvements on decor at in order

Not What I Expected
By Logan

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a few months for a new car and had been to every dealership I could find and had found a few cars in the 25,000 to 30,000 dollar range. When I found the Focus it had everything I wanted and I only paid 21,000. I've put 18,000 km on and drive it like I stole it. The only thing I would change is a little more pop on the bottom end of the automatic and rear disc brakes

Leather, SYNC

Rear disc brakes and power

2000 ZX3 vs 2008 S 2 dr
By Wayne Hulsey

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had to replace my 2000 due to being totaled. Loved the car. To me they ruined it for 2008. No hatchback available. Sort of ugly clunky styling outside and inside is worse. The dash layout is very poor and unfriendly compared to the original. My elbow is sore from wacking the console bin when I shift. No spare tire which is really unaceptable in AZ due to our weather and cell phones don't work in lots of places. The Vista Blue color is nice (best thing on car), but miss my bright Autumn Orange. Ugly hubcaps. Basic sound system is better sounder then 2000. Seat bottom not adjustable like the 2000. Just not happy with car by comparison, can say I wish I'd bought the 2005 ZX3 that they had now.

Its a nice color. Good sounding speakers.

Right now I'd have to say bring in the new Euro version ASAP. Better and brighter color choices. Relocate console bin and parking brake handle. Make adjustable seat bottom standard. A spare tire, that is a real saftey issue to me. More driver friendly dash and shifter. Hatchback.

Thrilled with my choice of vehicle
By Itzmynz2

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am absolutely thrilled with the purchase of my vehicle. I had test driven many competitors vehicles ( HHR, Cobalt, Cruiser). I was not satisfied with anything until I went to Ford. I purchased a manual specically for the zip and whip. I am a Ford girl and I can not cheat on Ford, so when this stylish 2008 Focus came out (I had a 2000 Focus prior) I had to get one. This vehicle is a replica of my personality (young, always on the go and stylish). If you want a vehicle that is economical, stylish (Metallic Silver), and you can park it in the spots that bigger cars cannot; then purchase a Ford Focus.

Great size trunk, stylish, I love all the knob gadgets (I don't use them, but I like them)

Gas tank latch, trunk latch, better window sealing, stock wheels instead of hubcaps, reduce road/tire noise. This is my overall disappointment with Ford and the Focus.