Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Carl's review
By Carl

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Like Frank said " where is the spare". I can buy fix a flat at an auto shop. In second gear the car will shift hard. I looked in the manual and it said the transmission has to "re- learn" how to shift after the battery has been removed, like programing radio stations over again.

Gas mileage

cup holders are crap. no arm rests. steering wheel at bad angle to see instrument display.

Very happy!
By Very happy!

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got in new and have had two problems, a rear suspension squeak from the rear e-brake cable and sync usb connection problem. With 20,000 miles still have original tire and have not had any alignment issues. I just rotate and balance them every 5000 miles, they still have 6/32 of tread! Average 32 mpg. Rear leg room tight, interior plastics soft and scratch easily, rear door panels do not have cloth lie the front do, rear trunk release inside the cabin would be nice, trunk spare tire cover flimsy slides around and stuff falls below it. Just a few things i have noticed.

Value for cost, options, reliability, fuel economy, handling, sync, styling.

Interior materials.

2008 Ford Focus SE - Nightmare Car!
By stargold6480

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this heap of junk new. Transmission problems started in February. I have 28,000 miles and it won't stay aligned, eats tires, brakes and rotors. Under warranty, but dealer doesn't want to fix it. Dealer replaced it with a worn-out one from a wreck. Now it's having transmission problems again. Wanted to take it on a trip this morning, wrench light came on and car hesitated and shifted really hard into gear. We're getting another car and saying forget this one. Worst car I've ever owned. Never again!

Great MPG, comfortable interior, sporty design, good radio.

Scrap the design and start over! This car has several problems. I've heard so many horror stories about this car.

Where's the spare
By Frank

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car though I don't like low profile tires. I was not happy at all when we got a flat. Opened trunk to find a oversized flat repair kit, the type you whould find at an auto store only bigger, Ford you can do better than that

Not the flat tire kit

A doughnut would be nice

love it but nervous
By stacey

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car with 34,000 miles on it. It looks amazing but lately I've been noticing it drives funny. Like its stuck halfway between n and d. But it's not. Kinda chugs sometimes when accelerating and after reading some other bad reviews I'm a bit nervous. I had the problem with the door not opening from the outside. It was covered under warranty thankfully. And I'm praying my tires don't go as fast as some others I've read about. I just bought 4 new tires. Very expensive. But overall aside from my nervousness of what lies ahead for it. I am very happy with it at the time. I'd recommend the 2008 Focus.

chrome handles and detailing, moonroof, blue lighting.

louder stereo!! fix tire and chugging issues and whatever else like that.