Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

P.O.S.
By Meredith

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At about 35,200 my car started "shuddering" really badly and began acting like it was going to stall while in park or at a stoplight. I took it to the dealership immediately (Covert Ford) as it was still under warranty. Strangely, they could not find anything wrong with it. The problem is still there and gets gradually worse everyday. Today, at 36,400 miles, my check engine light came on, so it's going back to the dealership first thing in the morning.

SYNC, Bluetooth

Non-plastic pieces on the doors, better reliability, faster engine, rear windshield wiper, interior temperature gauge, more overhead lighting in the back.

Hate It
By wichita kansas

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What is it about the tires? Very angry on the third set of tires, not the most comfortable car actually awful! Never, never would I buy another one!

Typical bad Ford Transmissions
By Mark

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new, at 15,285 miles, complete transmission overhaul, 20,056 miles complete transmission overhaul again. The car is fantastic, but the transmissions are (from what I hear) typical of Ford.

The way it drives, comfort, interior.

Transmissions

Non-working doors
By CP

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I do love my economic little Focus and how it handles great in the snow, HOWEVER, I am livid that my car is only two years old and the car door latches are rusting and making it hard to open the doors. My passenger side door will now no longer open from the outside. Is anyone else having problems with this? I called my dealership and they said they didn't think it was covered under warranty but I feel that Ford should be willing to fix doors rusting shut on one of their two year old cars when one of their customers is still paying on the car for three more years, I feel like I have a clunker again!

Tire Problems
By Ricky

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am having the same problem as the other guy. Around 16,000 miles my car started to shake really bad when i drove it so i brought it to the dealership to find out what was wrong.They said that two of my tires are bald and defective so they replaced them for free. So at about 27,000 miles i start having the same problem the bumping while i am driving so i bring it to the dealership again and they say they cant find anything wrong. I told them to do an alignment because there was something wrong. I got the report and the alignment was off and said it wasn't under warranty so i had to pay. Ok so now i am at 34,000 miles with the same problem and they balanced my wheels this time what should i do