Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 252 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Value
By Josh

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car, gas mileage is very good. seems to be reliable, 50,000 miles with nothing wrong even using original tires. it did have a lot of squeaking coming from suspension and break lines that i had to lubricate. the options compared to Toyota or Honda is not even comparable, and after test driving all three it wasn't even a question. definitely recommend spending a little extra on the ses or sel.

Sync is awesome leather seats gas mileage ride quality engine, it's not a sports car but i would take the mpg over 20 hp any day.

Interior Plastics scratch very easily no trunk latch inside squeaky suspension exterior paint is very low quality

Great American Made Car
By Craig

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read a lot of negatives in the reviews, but I don't see any, this car it's comfortable, fast and fun. Corners with the best of them, great seats, good looking. The tires, they are in fashion, that was the intent. I'll replace them when they ware out with longer lasting touring tires, the performance tires it came with are not my 1st choice. I'm so sick of the import bias, I had a Honda and a Toyota and they both had major problems. the bias comes from the fact that they are new cars, keep your Toyota for 8-12 yrs and it will fall apart too. I had a escort se and I old it @ 170,000 miles with no major problems.

the ride, great 5 spd smooth shifting, gas mileage, cornering

Made with a normal sized radio so if you want to upgrade its not such a problem. Replaced the stock speakers with kickers.

I love it.
By rynashley

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Focus. I got it as an early graduation present and immediately fell in love with it. It has gotten stuck in the wrong gear a couple of times but other than that it is great. I don't really like the small tires on it because mine have gone flat a few times. But I would highly recommend this car.

Layout of the radio.

2 Years and counting!
By sparkman7x7

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had my 2008 Focus for just about 2 years; just put my second set of tires (not counting original) got Michelin this time expect a little better mileage out of them; did not need alignment (super); lost the Sirius radio this year to much repeats; love the car overall average town and country still 34.4 MPG; interior holding up well; another trip to Texas and back this spring;

the old 300 lb man still fits and really likes the sun roof. Love the Sync phone! I have no problems with it at all great quality; absolute joy to drive!

little bigger outside mirrors; I think it would make a excellent convertible; saw were someone thought it looked nerdy well put a rag top on it and this nerd will by one of those!

Carl's review
By Carl

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Like Frank said " where is the spare". I can buy fix a flat at an auto shop. In second gear the car will shift hard. I looked in the manual and it said the transmission has to "re- learn" how to shift after the battery has been removed, like programing radio stations over again.

Gas mileage

cup holders are crap. no arm rests. steering wheel at bad angle to see instrument display.