Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love my Focus, But 9/28/10
By Love my Focus, But

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Focus used with almost 45,000 in Aug. 2009 it now has 71,000. I love the design, very sporty with the chrome. The mpg is great at average 32. We have had no engine problems but we are starting to see others. Such as the front makes a rattling noise heard at low speeds and the motor mount has been tightened. The alignment has been fine. Just this week we noticed that the heat and ac isn't blowing out of the dash vents like it should. I absolutely love my car but I am really hoping that it isn't going to start nickel and diming me.

Very roomy and the trunk is huge.

Better back seat lighting. With so many complaints of the noisy front, fix it.

Problems
By Jan

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my focus for a Toyota Rav4 this weekend, because I can't take a chance on the transmission again. It was overhauled 2 times already by ford, and they never considered putting a new transmission in the car. It is starting to slip again, and so the time came to trade it in. I loved the car with the sync. and other features. Ford has to work on all the transmission problems with all its vehicles.

Sync., ride, the layout of the interior. A real pleasure to drive.

Fix the transmission problems. I know i'm not the only one. I've read other writeups.

Over 60 thousand miles now....
By sparkman7x7

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Still driving my little red beauty. She's happy and well. 34.9 mpg average running 75 mph on i40 and trips . On my third set of tires got Michelin this time. Second windshield. Oil change every 5000 miles. Doors still tight. No frontal alignment has been done. Tires wear evenly. It just hasn't cost me much to drive it! Love it. Love it. Love it!

SYNC and great sounding stereo system; like the sun roof; leather; room; looks; and handling. I weight about 320 @ 6 ft and people are amazed when I get out of my Focus, really I have plenty of room have been on several thousand mile trips no problems.

Move the emergency break to the passanger side of the console. I think a two door convertible would be fantastic. I'd buy one tomorrow.

2008 Ford Focus
By poejenk

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year, and I love it. It has about 26,000 miles on it now. I've driven it mostly short distances, but have also driven long distances as well and it performs great. I even drove it during Snowmaggedon 2009 on the East Coast and the handling was excellent. I've never had any problems with anything the previous reviewers have mentioned. In fact, mechanics have complemented me on how good everything on the car looks! Absolutely no mechanical problems or issues with tire wear or alignment.

Fun to drive, love the Sync and stereo, comfortable ride, great gas mileage. No idea why people have an issue with the stereo, I think it's fine. If it's not loud enough, you have hearing problems.

You have to yank a little on the door handles, my mom always thinks the door is still locked because she has to pull so hard.

Great Car!
By 2008focusdude

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a black one with sunroof and it turned out to be one of the best vehicles I've ever had. Sporty looking with those alloy rims and the car rides well. I've never had a new car so this was the first, and wow, what a great experience to have this car. I probably will keep it FE because I purchased it brand new and original owner. If you're considering this vehicle, think about all the miles you get with this. That was huge for me, but then again, I love the car.

Sun roof, 6 disc CD, Sirius Radio, folding back seats so can fit larger items in trunk.