Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

MPG
By Roy

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am consistently getting 33-34 mpg. That is back and forth to work (14mi. 1 way) and around town. The lowest I got was pulling a UHaul 5'x 10' trailer to Bismarck, ND. It got 23 mpg with the trailer empty. Loaded I got 27 mpg on the way back with a tail wind. This was all driving at 65-75 MPH!

"Sync" system. Bluetooth cell phone. Steering wheel radio and media controls. Oil filter and drain access.

Larger sun visors. Passenger side seat belt holder(it rattles on the interior if no one is in the seat). Power "up" windows. Better head rests. Trunk unlatch lever in cabin. Gas door unlatch in cabin. Ditch the mood lighting. Better sound insulation. Mud flaps. At least for the front wheels.

Great Little Car
By Donald S. Berland

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 4th Ford small car I have owned. This one purchased brand new, the others used. I can only say it has not disapointed me. It is comfortable and mileage is excellent. The bulk of my driving is on the interstate to work and in summer it averages 36mpg, on long trip it has gotten 41mpg. I would take it on more long trips but there is no cruse control. I then have to use my subaru 2005 STi which has cruse, but is very very uncomfortable, and only gets 25mpg. I plan on keeping the car for 5yrs before trading it but will definately get another focus.

N/A

N/A

I love my Ford Focus!
By DeeDido

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the color. the moonroof, SYNC, leather seats, alloy wheels, ac, cruise, ipod port, stereo rocks compared to the subaru i got rid of, 5 cup holders, fog lights, the design of the dashboard console is cool, trunk light, automatically dimming rear view mirror. It has a smooth ride. I sounds cool when you start it up. It came with oil changes for life. It looks cool. folding rear seats. All of things make this car better than average for a small car. Oh yeah and 35 mpg!

Of all the things I said above I guess the ipod jack is my favorite.

Folding sideview mirrors, handles for passengers to hold to get in and out, I would have loved to get a hatchback model, the trunk is big,but a hatchback would be better. power seats. Seat settings so when someone gets in the back the seat would automatically go to position.

My baaaaaby!
By Jordan

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, so much. It is fun and sleek, very stylish. It drives like a dream, and I feel safe in it. I'm at 20000 miles and Its doing good. A great little car.

The line in for my iPod. Would be lost without it.

A Spare Tire, that might be nice.

Be careful when buying a Focus
By Irriserv

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the Ford Focus is a nice fun to drive small car with nice looks and great MPG. The build quality seem ok however there are design problems and areas that Ford cut corners to save money that you will pay for. One of the most noticeable areas is they left off the spare tire. So if you get a flat reach into your wallet and expect to pay for a tow. The other areas that we have found is that the defective door latch that will keep you from getting in the car is still a problem since the first focus. Also there is no seal on the break cable so it will sound like an old buggy if you drive on dirt roads. Nice car but I wish I bought a Toyota instead. I would have saved hassle.

Roomy for a small car Good MPG

Door latch problem. Squeaks too much if you drive on dirt roads No Spare Tire Poor dealer service and Ford Customer Service.