Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus Lives Up
By Bill

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car does exactly what I expected it to do. Delivers very acceptable ride and performance with exceptional mpg. No issues or dissapointments. Just utilitarian transportation at a very reasonble expense.

Mileage

Interior a little spartan but thats what I paid for.

Love It
By L.E. Mauget

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this gas sipper in response to the current gas price baseline. I was surprised that it was fun to drive. It is more responsive than either my Ford Sport Trak or Ford Five Hundred. If I get in a tight spot, it goes! With that said, I still get about 31 mpg in city driving. It get 35 mpg on the Interstate. It is comfortable-- in the front seats, that is. Its appearance is fairly attractive, inside and out.

The gauges are attractive and readable at night. The optional electronics are great - Sync, Sirius, speed-compensated audio level, etc.

Nothing's perfect. The lack of rear- seat lighting drives me nuts! Fords had this in 1948. Rear-seat headrests are missing. The Sync voice prompt is too loud. Sync does not wait for my iPod to re-initialize before resuming play, causing "Bad media", if the car was turned off too long.

Love my Focus
By chris

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have taken my Focus on a trip already this year and put 3000 kms on it (1500 hundred miles) and I found it to be very comfortable with no problems to speak of yet. I got about 32 mpg which im very happy with and can honestly say I enjoy my car very much and the compliments are not to hard to listen to either. The car has just about every option you can get on it and I would recommend this car to anybody. Even my friends who aren't huge Ford fans have nothing but good to say about it.

Moonroof, awesome stereo, and I love the 17 inch Pirelli tires. Ambient lighting, heated leather seats ,sync sub woofer just to name a few options.

Trunk latch, little more power. Voice activated nav system would be a nice touch. All wheel drive would make this car truly untouchable to any other manufacturer

Best car in its class!
By TrueReview

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Early this year, I purchased an all base model 2008 Ford Focus. I drive a whole lot and need something with good mileage but also family safe since we had our first baby on the way. We drove everything in its class and spent at least a good month researching what would fit us best. I have a strong dis-taste for most Asian vehicles, but even so we test drove the Civic, Fit, Corolla, Echo, Yaris, Impreza etc etc. We ended up picking the Focus for its great value and still the best mileage overall. Rated better than the Aveo! I drive this vehicle every day and love it to death! Its great fun to drive, spacious for a little car and still smooth and powerful! Very safe too. Great job Ford!

Almost perfect manual transmission, aluminum engine block makes it very light and improves mileage in the summer because it runs so cool. Huge trunk. Great suspension. Nice seat set up for diver, very commanding view of the road. Safety. Great sound insulation.

Put some carpet on the doors, too much plastic. Whistles with certain crosswinds sometimes on freeway. Wish they had a AWD option. Manual windows not thought through well, I hit my knuckles on the door tray every time I wind them up or down, I'm a big guy. Stock tires (Hankook Optimo) stink.

Corolla Killer
By Will

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't in the market for a new car until I was helping my sister buy her first new car and saw what a great deal the Focus was. I was able to get it for $13,200 out the door and loved everything about it. I had an 06 Corolla CE in manual and hated it. The quality of the Focus engine is well known (probably better than the Corolla) and so far the fuel economy is better. The Focus looks, runs, and drives better. I have to say I love this great American car.

I love the manual transmission. AUX input is a necessary feature for today's cars and Ford realizes it. Nice speakers and handling to boot.

Seats are a little uncomfortable on the really long drives. You feel as if your falling forward. The interior handles are easily broken (they are too far forward and don't have enough leverage.