Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 255 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good car, but overpriced
By Hall

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The front ends on these models are horrible! Nearly everything has replaced, there are still parts on the front end going out!

Love my Focus
By Anna Garcia

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great fuel economy. I've kept up with the maintenance and have had no problem. Have recently started having problems with the ignition switch. Sometimes have to jiggle key to start it.

Great cheap commuter car
By Tom

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

These model Focus tend to have some vibrations you can feel at stops but it's a cheap commuter so you can't be too picky. I've had mine for just over a year (bought used in 2015 21500 miles) and it's been perfect for going back and forth to work in but big enough to move people if need be. I read a two star review saying a new front hub/bearing is only sold with the axle for $800 or something like that, complete [non-permissible content removed] that is, New hub/bearing is $50 off rockauto.

Good Car
By Chad Hutchinson

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for 7 years bought new, longest lasting car I've owned. Being a home owner I have the same demands for maintenance, so I bought a 5x8 enclosed trailer put a hitch on the focus. I've pulled 50 sheets of drywall, lumber, ATV up north hunting, Ice fishing, car handles it just fine. Without the trailer I've drive through 4 inches of fresh snow fall, on federal land. My brother owned one, a guy who was blinded by the evening sun pulled out in front him, he hit him at 60, and walked away! The only reason I'm writing this review is because I'm looking at buying a newer model, but still keeping the 08' and putting snow tires on it

Reliable with minor issues
By willt5

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Focus because it was affordable and was known for being reliable. So far my experience with the car has been good. I've owned it for about a year and a half and so far have changed the notoriously bad motor mounts and sway bar links. Other repairs that will be needed in the future are the control arms due to the bushings going bad. Car only has 65,000 miles on it and basic parts are starting to wear. Otherwise, it has been fairly cheap to maintain and reliable.