Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2008 Vermillion Ford Focus SE Automatic
By Lloyd

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the new style, solidness, room, ease for my elderly parents to enter and exit. I traded a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am Se 4 door with almost 128,000 on it. Things were starting to go so I thought I would follow my younger sister's footsteps and get a Focus. I am very pleased with it and look forward to driving it. I average between 30 and 34 mpg combined driving. This is the first Ford I have ever had. At least go check one out.

Styling (front and new taillights), good ride and visibility, easy entry and exit. Nice dash layout. Easy to read instrument panel controls. Message center.comfortable ride. Pzev engine. Location of coffee cup holders. Nice and deep.

Heater ducts under front seats for rear passengers, passenger assist grips, rear seat lighting(maybe domelight for the rear compartment or a dome light in the middle of the roof. A remote trunk release from the passenger compartment, especially for those Focuses who don't have remote control entry.

Got me!
By ocsurfrr

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After months of deliberation I finally bought a Focus. I needed an economic vehicle since my lifted Chevy is sucking up gas. So for the right price I bought the 4dr auto se sedan for 12,900 after hours of battling the dealer. Car is amazing, great interrior design. I am 6,4 and fit in it fine. Can also fit 4 buddies inside comfortably as well. Gas mileage is great. I never thought I would ever own a Ford and now they got me! I have nothing but great things to say about this vehicle. Seriously how can you complain about a nice, attractive, and sporty vehicle for under 13k?

Interrior is amazing, gas mileage, fun to drive

I do not like the rear exterior tail lights. Gonna black em out and I think the vehicle will look much better from the back

Have you driven a Focus lately
By mike kulich

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just retired and needed something good on gas. The Focus is as good as anything out there. The new Focus will really surprise you! Gas mileage about 31 mpg total driving. After owning trucks all my life this is like winning the lottery.

Ride, fun to drive, and really quiet for a small car

I have a sun roof so there is no back seat light, only con!

Dandy car
By Tom B

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Tested the Civic, Mazda 3, Elantra, skipped the Corolla. Was ready to go with Mazda 3 until I drove the Focus. Smooth ride, quietest of the bunch, seamless 5 speed shifter, great visibility, supportive seating, and a lot of pep. I'm actually having as much fun driving it as my '06 'stang GT 5 speed. The mileage is better than it's rated at. 4 aftermarket speakers and additional damping under dash and behind the door panels and the stock head sounds better than my Shaker 1000! Cannot hear tire hiss when driving in rain. Great, scatty little car!

Mileage, it stays around 35-38 MPG! Nice to fill up a 13 gal tank and see that I've got 470 mi. to empty. Cut my fuel bill in half. 5 speed shifter is seamless. Quiet! No need for stereo mods. Big trunk. No rattles or squeaks.

It seems most every Ford I've owned has weak headlights. Assign an engineer to solve this and lose the H13s! Lose the chrome "warts" on the fenders. Interior plastic looks cheap. Lose the front chrome grille strip and go with matched paint.

Good, but not trouble free
By cdj

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

3 months and 2000 miles and we're happy car, especially with the mileage. Very surprised by the quite ride with one exception. A noise from an unknown source developed at about 1200 miles. Dealer replaced the fuel pump, but the noise remains. Apparently Ford engineers are aware of and investigating the problem so I'm not the only one having it. No solution yet according to the dealer. I’m a little leery as we discovered a suspension problem in the first Focus we took for a test drive. It’s a nice car, but my 3 Hondas and 4 Nissans have never had problems with so few miles. If not for this unknown problem I'd be very happy with the amount of car we got for the money.

Sync, steering wheel mounted radio controls, quiet ride, mileage and info center

Cancel button on cruise control, better lumbar support in seats, rear headrests. 1 cup holder in the back seat? Whose bright idea was that? Finally, rear floor mats that are actually big enough for my small feet.