Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Awesome Car
By Josh

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Focus. I have had no issues with it yet. It has almost 24000 miles. I've taken it every 3000 to get the oil changed and got routine service done to it. I got up to 49 MPG hwy. From Louisville, KY to Morehead, KY I averaged 41 MPG. It's just like any other car- you have to take care of it. If you drive it aggressively, just with any car, there is more of a chance with something going wrong with it. I have had no problems and no complaints. I put maybe $20 in per week. I worked for a honda dealership and I would much rather drive a focus than a civic. Bottom line: good purchase. I am going to drive mine until it falls apart! I am very happy with ford. Buy American!

ambient lighting Sirius radio (heated) leather black interior/exterior 6-disc cd player sync system factory subwoofer looks good with tinted windows great gas mileage

honestly the only issue I have with it is the rubber lining on the passenger window, but i think i caused the issue. As long as you take care of it, it's a great car.

CHEWING UP MY TIRES.
By Hawkeye597

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but it is chewing up the tires. At 30,000 miles I put on a new set of tires. Now 12,000 miles later it appears I need to replace more tires. I have them rotated at every oil change. But I can now see obvious wear and it appears that the car is out of alignment, since it has a wicked shake at around 65 mph. Car is great but it is eating up the tires.

sync and mpg are great.

My SES has the 16 inch wheels and it chews up the tires. Maybe the 15 inch is better. But it seems like alignment and tire wear at the worst thing about this car.

39 Thousand miles today 1.5 years
By sparkman7x7

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Little red jewel; leather seating; love it; 32 to 39 MPG never below 32; I'm 6 ft 300lbs; it rides great; been on 5 1000 mile trips; 2500 miles a week to work and back; lots of room for me the wife and our poodle; second set of tires no problems at all; better than Honda or Toyota's we have had; drive one before decide on a small car; did I mention it has more leg room than any other small car we looked at, and that is pretty much all of them...

SYNC telepone; MPG; trunk size; fun to drive very sporty; plenty get up and go; very nice seating; great radio; sunroof is nice to; heated side mirrors

side mirrors could be just a little bigger

Totally Impressed
By Bigdawg1976

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 Ford Focus ZX4 and was so impressed, I bought another one. The 01 handled like a slot-car while the 08 handles more like a rear wheel sports' car. The gas mileage in the 08 is quite a bit better than the 01. The fit and finish on both cars were good. Very impressed with SYNC. We have 2 cell phones and SYNC seamlessly works with both. The only thing I would change is the inside door handles on the coupe, which is in an awkward spot. Forget iPods - I have all my tunes in a thumb-drive and I can tell SYNC what to play, how cool is that??

Sync, handling, styling

Interior door handles, seatback releases on the coupe.

solid peppy ride
By WHODUNIT

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

first thing i noticed about the focus ses was the feeling of a solid built vehicle and then the peppiness of the 4 cyclinder motor. it is a looker, goes good at highway speeds. more fun to drive than my girlfriends crossfire, excellent little car with alot of good features.

the looks and the sport like driving capability

dome light for the rear, interior trunk release.