Used 2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

Outstanding

greenpony, 05/29/2012
ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am writing this review after five years and 120,000 miles of nearly problem-free ownership. This car is simple, inexpensive, reliable, and fuel-efficient transportation. Been in the shop twice, only for suspension-related problems. I blame Illinois' pockmarked roads. Comfort is adequate for four people. Trunk is cavernous. MPG is outstanding! Post-2008 EPA ratings are 24/33, and I've only had two tanks below 30 mpg (both 29.7). 40 mpg isn't uncommon in the summer. Reliability is excellent, should have no problem with ANOTHER 120,000 miles.

I'd buy it AGAIN in a HEARTBEAT!

Carolyn, 10/12/2016
ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned "Sammy" for 8 years and now he has 207,000. I never dreamed I'd own another Ford after my last one, but after reading over 600 reviews, I'm so glad I bought it. Over the years I've had no problems outside of the normal-- tires, battery, brakes. Repair visits were much cheaper and far more infrequent than my Nissan Altima. Problems right now are mounting, however, as the car ages. The back passenger door hasn't locked for the last few years and now the front door has to be locked manually. Turning the vent/defrost dial is becoming more difficult. The CD player went out a while ago, so I just listen to the radio. There's squeaking in the back passenger side that goes away when it's cold. However, when it's cold, I have to wait a long time for the gas pedal to 'unfreeze' and the reason I'm giving up the car this weekend is that it's cutting out now in traffic in cold weather.

Reliable & Great Value

focus2007, 07/22/2012
ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5 years & 100,000kms later our family has had not one mechnical issue with this car. Reliability is the most important factor we consider when purchasing a vehicle no one wants to be broken down on the side of the road in these Canadian winters and this car has delivered great reliability. We have done 40+ mpg (imperial Gallons) on many road trips. The heated leather seats were the best $800 dollars option i ever bought they are so much more comfy than the standard seats, a 1400 kms trip did not leave me stiff or sore all over like most econo cars. Yes we did change those Pirelli's prematurely. this is the only thing people have to complain about?? such easy fix

Fun to drive & great safety features

Mark, 11/15/2006
ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the SES because of the standard fun stuff, plus the availability of ABS and side curtain airbags. The Pirelli tires on 16 inch rims are an added bonus.

It's done everything I've asked of it for 11 years

Marcus, 10/18/2018
ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

*Note: this car is an automatic, but Edmunds for some reason appears to only list manuals for this year* We bought our 07 Focus, Ethyl, brand new for $15,000+tax with 13 miles on the odometer. It's now sitting just below 160,000. I've abused it. I've driven on gravel roads, pot-hole covered city streets, ran it hard on short trips, and only changed the oil once or twice a year (with 15,000 mile full synthetic Mobil 1, but still). It had a couple of recalls in the early days, and recently...I had to replace a hose clamp. The air conditioning has recently stopped working, but for a car I've changed a grand total of one non-wear part on, I feel like I can get that fixed and still be ahead of the game. The little white Focus still handles nicely, has good power for its size gets 29 mpg, and starts up every time. I would buy another in a heartbeat (In fact, this was our second Focus We had a 2001 that we drove from 2004-13 with similar results). Oh, and I'm just a hair under 6 feet tall, and this car has the best headroom of any compact I've been in, better than many full-sized cars. You can scoot the seat back pretty far, there's a telescoping wheel, and - the best part - it has this weird little crank under the seat that raises or lowers it. Once it's lowered down, you could be around 6-4, 6-5 and still sit in the drivers seat comfortably.

12345...24