Used 2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not too bad.
By jbb

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty reliable : no issues in 36k. Has good pep, handles quite well, is well laid out inside, is roomy. Base seats are awful, gas mileage is so-so, and somewhat noisy inside (but I'll take that as a trade off for a lighter more nimble car that does not need 200 hp to move)

Handling, roominess (trunk!).

Seats : awful, awful, awful.

Falling apart
By GGL225

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of things broken or falling apart on this car after only tw and half years. Today we had to replace the ignition switch as it locked down on the key and wouldnt release it. To the tune of $almost $400 bucks at the dealer. Their comment was , "This is a common problem on the Focus and Fusion'. Yeah, Ford=Fix Or Repair Daily.

Not bad gas mileage at around 30 highway. Ride is not that great and power stinks.

Would trade it in if I could!
By Jay Ward

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used for my wife for daily commute to work. It had around 22000 miles. Within four months of owning the Ford, the tires were bald and the alternator had to be replaced three times because it kept shorting out. The front rotors were alos bad we were told. On top of this my insurance company charges more to insure this model of car.

Great gas mileage.

My wife id deadly afraid to drive this car. Enough said.

A Terrific Bargain
By RWC

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My brother inherited a basic 2007 Focus sedan in 2007. He took me for a drive and was I ever impressed. I then purchased a 2007 Focus SES sedan to drive to work and have been very satisfied ever since. I am 6' 2" and still I have more than enough room. The storage and interior are very well planned. Fold-down 60/40 rear seats permit the storage of some large cargo. My wife usually dislikes small cars but she loves the Focus. I purchased the premium seats and they are quite comfortable on long trips. I have driven 40k miles without any problems. The dealer has maintained the car according to the recommended schedule. Replacement parts such as filters are very inexpensive.

Excellent gas mileage if you use a good 87 octane gas such as BP. My Focus mileage suffers a bit if I buy cheaper gas. This situation has not been the case with other cars I have owned. Heated seats in winter weather. You'll be money ahead if you get antilock brakes and better suspension.

The Pirelli M/S tires have been substandard with fast wear and poor performance in snow. I purchased Goodyear UltraGrip tires for winter driving and the performance is now excellent. My advice is to have the stock tires removed immediately. Buy an excellent premium tire.

Better comfort and than Toyota and Honda
By Linda Leo

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When my old Tracer wagon died, I couldn't find anything in my price range. In NYC at the time, car dealers were selling foreign cars and luxury cars. My husband finally found a Ford dealer with a few Focuses on the lot. All I had to do was sit in the drivers seat, and fell in love. It felt like my Tracer, with controls easily accessible, excellent comfort for my bad back, and great fuel mileage for the rapdidly increasing fuel costs. Add to that the low cost, and it beat out the Toyotas, Mazda 3 and 6, and Honda Civic hands down. I would have considered it a bargain even without the $2500 rebate and excellent financing I was able to obtain.

Comfort in all seats, good leg room in rear, even for my teenagers. Great color options, (Where else can you get Aqua? I can find my Focus in any parking lot!) Great gas milage, with over 32 MPG fully loaded on trips, over 30 with normal driving. Trunk space is much larger than others in its class.

She is almost 3 years old now, and I've had no problems at all. The only change I had to make immediately was the wiper blades that didn't work well, especially in winter conditions.