Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Transmission
By Lawrence

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot believe my Transmission needs replacement. Yes, I have a lot of miles. That should not make a difference.

Saved my Life
By mstack

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for just 19 days, but it saved my life. I got in an accident today and the cars safety systems went off without a hitch. I could not be more grateful for how the car responded to the crash, but me and my passenger both walked out of the vehicle with nothing bit a stinging arm from the air bag and a scraped shoulder from the seat belt. This car saved my life and my passengers life. It's safe, economical, and in the 19 days I had it, I loved it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but hopefully it held up enough so I can salvage the one I have.

SAFETY, economical, sound system, extremely comfortable, good looking.

It was my first car, I can't complain.

Fix or Repair Daily.... Never buy one!!
By Ricardo

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First i will list all of the good qualities. It is fuel efficient, spacious, has an easy to operate radio, great for long distance trips, but its no Toyota. Now the bad, airbag light in instument panel has been on 8 times. Six times in '09 alone. apparently the techs can't get it right. My transmission went out at 61,000 and had to get rebuilt. The back door lock on the passenger side (which is rarely used) stopped working around 17,000 (covered under warranty). Road and engine noise is unbearable on a windy day. Thankkfully the radio mutes that out when played loud enough. Miles at purchase: 5541 Current Miles: 77100

Sound system, comfort, space, cost to own is really cheap. Just make sure u get the exted warranty to cover at least to 75000 miles.

The new focus isbuilt better however the passenger space is a lot smaller. Better engine is needed.

Best little car you can get
By wpspan

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car right after a deployment and I can say with out a doubt people are in shock what I put it throught.I been fishing working same time anything possible I can do with it.WHere I am we had a rain storm same time very muddy I saw trucks get stuck on dirt roads his little car go throught with easy and same time handle like a PRO same time handling on tight corners is impressive I had a pontiac grand prix before the handling is alot more sluggish then this little focus.What I defently know is MPG is worth.Did road trip with it twice traveled 1600miles and cost me less then $300 down and back all I did was keeping the speed limit.

The gas milage and convience of space looks small but its bigger then what it looks like

POWER IS always a plus but they need to bring the hatchbacks back love the 2dr sporty look or coupe

Good ride, unprdictable reliablity
By B-rad020

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my ZX3 brand new in May, '07. Loved it. Great on gas and heavy power for its engine size and rating. I could smoke many Cobalts and others in its class. Don't know about a Dodge Neon or Cobalt SS. Everything was awesome until about 7 months into ownership when it developed problems with the fuel system. When you'd fill up with gas it wouldn't want to crank. It was at the dealership I know of 8 times for this issue from the beginning of '08 to July '09 and the problem has recently recurred. I used to be a very big Ford fan recommending them to everybody. This ownership experience with this car and this dealership has put an end to that.

Sound sys. CD plyr. interior design. Great Engine and performance.

Better BUILD QUALITY and Ford's much needed capability to resolve issues with their products.