Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Be Wary of Ford Products
By gawain3

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in the fall of 2006.
There are design flaws in the low profile tires, resulting in blow outs and bent rims in Ohio winters.
The car suffers excessive road noise.
It also is built with inferior Chinese metal.
The stabilizer bars were recently repaired, and all of the undercarriage heat shields were replaced.
Total cost?
$1,021.90.
The heat shields should have been recalled, as almost every Ford owner I know from this year to now has the same issues with the heat shields.
They are made of cheap, inferior Chinese steel.

None.

Go to a thicker tire. Reduce road noise. Use American steel in manufacturing process, or at least, steel that is more durable. I would recall all these vehicles for their heat shield issues.

Ford Focus Review
By nikkicoco

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

my 2007 ford focus has had nothing but problems with it i looked up online and they have problems with the transmission and alternator going bad around 40-50 thousand miles it is only 4yrs old. so i called bill pierre ford in lake city and i told them how many problems i have had with the car and heard they would fix it for free since there were so many people this was happening to well they were nothing but rude and not willing to help even though they have replaced other peoples transmissions when theirs went out I am so beyond myself right now I am forking out over $3,000 to repair my car. NEVER again will I buy a ford and I will make sure to tell anyone I know to never buy one. worst car I have ever had

none

if there is a ongoing problem with the car then there should be a warranty to fix it

Simply a GREAT car!!!!
By rshipman88

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

To start off I have the 2007 SE 5 speed automatic model. I bought her brand new hot off the lot in June of '07 and I have been happy with it ever since. My car is my life line, with that said my car has NEVER given me a lick of problems and has always gotten at least 25mpg.
All the times me and 4 of my family and friends pile into her and take off for a night out in a downtown location, with the extra weight in stop and go traffic she has made not so much as a squeek. Even the times I got mad at my husband and floored her down the road, not a squeek. When me hubby and i moved from Atlanta to Austin, Texas the storage was very spacious (all of our clothes, and our cat boots) fit.

Storage space (Hatchback!!!), 5 cup holders, She can take a beating ( backed of a ditch and messed up the bottom front drivers side behind the front left wheel, got it fixed of course, and got rear ended going 30 and it didnt even lose the bumber, just looked like some scratches and the foam did not break!!!), Can fit 5 grown people and all of their stuff without an issue. AC is awesome (keep in mind i live in Texas). Stock sound system is nice ( although no input jack for ipod, but the radio always gets great reception, and 6 CD changer is nice). The rims are nice 17 spoke alloy. The engine runs very smoothly (at 60,000 miles) alond with the transmission is smooth. GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just an aux input jack for ipods. That is all

A Keeper
By marcopolo6

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it.
Had to replace water pump shortly after purchase (covered under warranty.) Airbag dash light comes on occasionally. Replaced left rear tail light bulb twice (so far.)
Tires needed replacement at about 25,000 miles.

Great gas mileage (33 mpg combination city and highway.) Fun to drive. Reliable. Comfortable cabin (I'm 6' and I'm comfortable in it.) Controls within easy reach. Able to load hatch with oversize items (when seats folded down.) Despite above mentioned problems, I love the car. It's solid and dependable and I hope to drive it at least 200,000 miles. Taking good care of it. Exterior styling has come back in the 2012 models. Timeless.

I've read other reviews about the airbag dash light (what's that all about?) Cup holders somewhat hard to reach. Also rear light bulbs burning out. Better tires.

The other lawrence
By lawrence

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own 2 foci a 2000 with 192,856 zx3& a 2004 wagon 116,743 both autos still on original engines and transmissions no major repairs I have used them both for a while as delivery cars the wagon could carry more. 35 mpg highway to the other Lawrence could it be how you drive but you did not spec your mileage except it was high. Wish you well in getting it sorted I am still waiting for the Focus rs 302 hp as usual the Europeans still get the better Focus.

yours,
the Lawrence

beating cars at red lights

head restraints change angle of forward tilt to more vertical