Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Outstanding
By greenpony

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am writing this review after five years and 120,000 miles of nearly problem-free ownership. This car is simple, inexpensive, reliable, and fuel-efficient transportation. Been in the shop twice, only for suspension-related problems. I blame Illinois' pockmarked roads. Comfort is adequate for four people. Trunk is cavernous. MPG is outstanding! Post-2008 EPA ratings are 24/33, and I've only had two tanks below 30 mpg (both 29.7). 40 mpg isn't uncommon in the summer. Reliability is excellent, should have no problem with ANOTHER 120,000 miles.

Fuel economy. Maintenance cost. Purchase price. Simple, straightforward design. Reliability.

Styling. Parasitic A/C really saps the life out of the car. Headlights don't illuminate well.

Surprisingly fun for bare bones car
By bugsycat

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a year ago as a third car for my kids to use for work when they're home from college.
I had previously owned a 2001 Focus that I bought new in 2001, which was a loaded model that I was very happy with.
This model is a stripper, with tinny doors.
The only extras are A/C, CD player, auto trans, and remote trunk release.
Despite the fact that I bought this for the kids, I find myself driving it quite a bit.
I like the gas mileage and find the power more than adequate, if a bit buzzy.
The trunk is huge and the interior is quite roomy for the size.
It is a very spartan car, with hard plastics in abundance.
I've put 10,000 miles on it and not had a problem.

Handling, room, gas mileage, looks.

Could use more sound deadening and why couldn't Ford include a center armrest as standard?!

Issues
By ltwfcusa

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 ford focus rear door also will not lock manually or with the remote. Report this issue on Safercar.gov This is a safety issue because our kids can just open the rear door because you have no ability to lock the door and/or use the child safety lock feature. This happened to my 2007 Focus and dealer asked for $500. Please report all car issues to the people who force the Auto companies we just bailed out to fix our cars. Safercars.org Report This Now

Alternator went out at 60,000 miles $800 and key stuck in ignition at 65,000 miles $800

Color

Fix the parts that are flawed door locks alternator and ignition got you key and will not give it back syndrome.

Extremely reliable.
By cdhghs

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus brand new in 2006 for business usage.
I drive an average of 10,000+ miles per month, having the oil change every 3,500 mi.
This car has been nothing but reliable for me and my business needs.
I have always been able to count on it to get me from coast to coast.
Minor wear and tear repairs are to be expected, as with any car.
The most costly repair I've had to get was a new fuel pump in the middle of 2010, and of course tires and brakes.
Other than that at 315,000+mi it's time to trade it in for a new Focus.
Thanks Ford!

Simplistic but not overly simplistic. Great stereo for a entry level car.

None that I can think of.

Not bad.
By mojo31

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a couple years now. As far as I understand, it was a fleet car.

Likes: Being able to see over the hood, unlike many cars today.

Dislikes: I can't speak for every Focus on the road, but in terms of mileage, mine turned out to be a lemon. When I first bought this car, I drove in town during my job. At that time, my focus got about 16 miles per gallon. On the highway, the best it's ever done is 28 miles per gallon. Quite a ways off from the 25/35 I was told. Also, I don't know if it was the tires my car came with, but it is awful driving in the snow. I now put snow tires on the front during the winter. That is the only way it's controllable.

I wish it had an MP3 input, but I suppose it depends on the model. I had to replace a sensor in the transmission.