Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love my Focus
By cseaman

2007 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Escort wagon with 120,000 then I got a 2001 Focus wagon it had some problems.
I was hit drivers side and the car came through for me I survived!
Built Ford Tuff!
So I searched and bought a 2007 left over wagon.
Years later with 180,000 on the wagon I got rear ended while sitting still at 50 mph and survived again!
I wish Ford did not stop making the wagons as I can fit two teenagers, and 3 dogs in it.
It is the best car for the buck and mileage!

I can't wait to dump this *&$^%& car!
By odawg1981

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in 2007. I currently have 88k miles on it, had problems from the start. Had to get front axle replaced covered under warranty. Replaced tires twice because the suspension wears the tires fast and I have blown two out hitting pot holes. One thing I found is this car does not like the cold. The fan on the heater squeaks, dashboard rattles, steering wheel shakes. Car makes every groan and squeak possible. Had to replace the lug nuts because tires were about to fall off. Antenna fell off, drives door doesn't lock/unlock with remote. Replaced alternator and battery at 80k miles. Screw on the shifter fell off and I could literally pull it off...dont buy this car ...

Nothing!

Consider a different vehicle
By ndowner87

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Poor engineering with the backing of a company that doesn't know what customer service is. 4 years of ownership with visits to 5 different Ford dealerships I never want a Ford again. The vehicle is known to go through tires fast so no tire company will replace them during the "warranty". Brake lines wear at 40k and the dealership I bought the car from along with a premium warranty said that at 40,001 miles it wasn't their problem. The 2 visits beforehand all it needed was silicon spray to fix it. My transmission has had problems from day 1 of delivery, but again its not their problem. Please consider alternative vehicles and automotive companies before purchasing a Ford.

Seats with padding, engineering for quality, improved part quality, customer service that "helps" not passes the buck.

Reliable & Great Value
By focus2007

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5 years & 100,000kms later our family has had not one mechnical issue with this car. Reliability is the most important factor we consider when purchasing a vehicle no one wants to be broken down on the side of the road in these Canadian winters and this car has delivered great reliability. We have done 40+ mpg (imperial Gallons) on many road trips. The heated leather seats were the best $800 dollars option i ever bought they are so much more comfy than the standard seats, a 1400 kms trip did not leave me stiff or sore all over like most econo cars. Yes we did change those Pirelli's prematurely. this is the only thing people have to complain about?? such easy fix

Comfy heated leather seats, great handling, good clearance in snow with 16in. tires, large trunk fits hockey goalie equipment nicely, ABS braking & traction controls are awesome on ice roads, radio controls from steering wheel, power trunk button on dash, no clumsy trunk hinge bars that squash your luggage. the trunk linkage quite neatly fold under the lid but not into the trunk space with gas shocks to hold the lid open i really like the design. Doors still close nicely most doors starts to sag after 5 years but not these ones. great gas mileage for size of car. Roomy inside you do not feel cramped like those tiny little econo hatchbacks. no rust

add a plug in on streo for ipod connection (my daughter's suggestion) Better headlamps. This is a great car they should not change a thing but they did i don't like the news ones as much '08 & up. i will hang on to this one as long as i can.

Outstanding
By greenpony

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am writing this review after five years and 120,000 miles of nearly problem-free ownership. This car is simple, inexpensive, reliable, and fuel-efficient transportation. Been in the shop twice, only for suspension-related problems. I blame Illinois' pockmarked roads. Comfort is adequate for four people. Trunk is cavernous. MPG is outstanding! Post-2008 EPA ratings are 24/33, and I've only had two tanks below 30 mpg (both 29.7). 40 mpg isn't uncommon in the summer. Reliability is excellent, should have no problem with ANOTHER 120,000 miles.

Fuel economy. Maintenance cost. Purchase price. Simple, straightforward design. Reliability.

Styling. Parasitic A/C really saps the life out of the car. Headlights don't illuminate well.