Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love this car!
By Cocotinne

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over all, this is the best car I ever owned; once the back seats are folded, the trunk is so big, people dont believe what I put in it. I need space in the back and this car is perfect. I plan to keep it for a long time.

Heated seats! CD slot! Sunroof! Mag wheels look cool! Excellent handling, comfort...

The cup holders are not convenient; hard to access them when driving. The can holders in the door are the same; useless actually, I have manual window openers; I guess it was meant for electric ones.

Too Awesome of a car! TOTALLY WORTH IT!
By Jarrett

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review on here not too long ago and I have read some of the reviews on here. I'm sorry to hear that some people had problems with Pirelli tires. I didn't have to replace 2 of them until I was just over 45,000 miles on my car, and that's after my driving like a bat out of hell . Besides regular maintenance, I only had to replace a tail light bulb. The performance of the car is awesome- I can outrun many cars when I need to! It's always fun to drive, especially fast! With all of this, I'm getting on average 30 to 32mpg and when I chill out from going fast I get as much as 38mpg. Totally worth the purchase! I'm not planning to buy another car anytime soon. I made a great choice.

Everything! I must stay that the performance, the small size of the car (so if I need to squeeze in a tight parking space I can do it easily), the gas mileage, the sound of my car with my mods on it... just everything about my car!

I want to see the hatchback in future Focus models with a faster engine. I truly dislike the new 2008+ models- they're not aesthetically pleasing. Bring back the hatchback and with a faster engine- I will certainly pick up another Focus then!

A SPECIAL CAR
By MAT FROM MESA, AZ

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford did a good thing with the ST. It handles like a dream and is fun to drive. My wife and I love it! Too bad Ford stopped the ST. It has been good on fuel with a high of 37 Hwy and averaging 28-30 in town. This car eats the mountain roads in Arizona and is a real road car! We are in our 60's and would like to see Ford do something with the new Focus, turbo, etc. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean the younger generation are the only ones to have fun driving! Bring it on, Ford!! We'll be looking (and hoping).

Comfortable seating, nice sound system, plenty of nice features and tech equipment. Like the 2.3 and the power. Car sound nice too with the upscaled exhaust.

The 205-50-16 tire size wears out at 22,000 miles. Went to a 205-55-16 Michilins to overcome this.

Happy with my Focus
By Happy with it

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus, and about the 10th Ford I've owned. The vehicle has great reliability, I do all highway driving and have averaged about 31.5 MPG. It's not as good as my old Mazda GLC (averaged 51 MPG) I had in college, but for a commuter vehicle it's pretty good. I intend to give it to my 14 y.o. as his car when he is ready.

MPG

Extend side view mirror out a little.

Best of the Best
By Deborah Loudermilk

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

3rd one. Have rented a variety of vehicles for our trips. Drove my 1st Focus and said “I want this this car”. Brought one in 1998, then in 2000 (had over 200,000 miles w/no problems) and then traded it in for my third one. Travel about 120 miles a day and just thought it was time, each was an exceptional car. For a compact car it’s versatility is good, plently of room, especially head room. I recomend this car for fuel efficency, good city MPG/very good hwy MPG, has good accelertion. Nice riding car and very comfortable on trips. It’s underpriced considering its quality and reliablity. It’s everything I needed and more. When I’m ready to trade-in for a new vehicle, it will be another Focus!

Spacious, plenty of headroom, comfortable, CD & radio, removable cupholders, heat and a/c are both superb, steering, tilt & cruise control, good mpg both city & highway

Only complaint - the battery cables had to be replaced on my 2000 due to some corrosion, just need to make sure they're cleaned up on a regular basis