Used 2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Horrible tires
By j

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a nice car that has a few glitches. The car has a prolonged start on occasion and losses power when the air conditioner is running. The car is fun to drive, however, the pirelli tires didnt last for very long. I had to replace the tires after 9 months of owning the car and it only had 19,000 miles on it. Ford didn't stand behind the quality of the tires and I had to spend 460 for new tires on a fairly new car!

Heated seats, and stereo

Ford needs to spend more money on the tires. My car came with 16" alloy wheels. My tires wore very fast. I needed to replace them after 9 months of owning the car with only 19,000 miles.

Happy with Ford Focus 2007
By tip

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing on this car is automatic - not the shift, nor the windows or the door locks...but that's good for someone looking for economy. It will get you where you are going and is very good on gas. Be sure the gas cap is on tightly or else fumes can come into the car. NIce small compact car that's fun to drive. Thye extra safety package is nice too.

Good Price; Bland Quality
By Phillip

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2007 Ford Focus S base model in Nov., no p/w or locks, just a plain jane get to work car. With only 6,400 Miles on it, the headlights have dimmed a lot, dash lights dimmed, battery light comes on. Replaced battery after getting stuck on the side of interstate, and still have the same problem. Its sad when you have to have your vehicle serviced at only 6,400 Miles for powertrain prolems. Do not buy this car unless you go and get a 2008 model that is showing to have better build quality! But on the other hand, if you don't have a lead foot, it has great mpg.

Great mpg w/out a lead foot driver, comfortable ride in town, sporty look w/ses model, good a/c system, wipers are very quiet, 6 cup holders, soft seats that sit higher for taller people, and large trunk area!

Better build (problem solved in 2008 models), quieter ride, better sound system such as pioneer or bose, more options such as automatic headlamps, drl (daytime running lights), standard cruise control and power windows/locks, xenon headlamp and led taillights option, etc.

Great economy car
By PWH

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle new for the price and MPG. I bought the automatic and the engine has great pick up. No problem entering the freeways in the big city I live in. I've had this car over one year with not one problem. Great gas mileage and would suggest it to anyone for about any reason. Small but offers big benefits!

MPG, handling, fun to drive, reliable, affordable, good sound system.

I like everything about this car. If I have to wish for something different guess they could improve the cup holders and add a rear interior light.

Plesant Surprise
By Lou

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Ford Focus ST as a leftover in Jan.2008. The 2007 Focus had $3000. in rebates plus came with a 60 month/100,000 powertrain warranty. I had a 2005 Crown Victoria that I just loved but with rising fuel cost it was not affordable. I traded in for this 2007 Focus ST to lower my payment & save fuel. Much to my surprise, I actually like this car. The car is sporty looking, has plenty of power,it came loaded with power windows,p/locks,cruise,a/c,6 cd player,heated seats & mirrors & a pwr sunroof. The car gets 31 mpg city/hwy combined. With a 5spd manual trans its fun to drive,rides & handles well

Fuel economy, 5 speed manual transmission, sunroof, ride & handling