Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Better comfort and than Toyota and Honda
By Linda Leo

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When my old Tracer wagon died, I couldn't find anything in my price range. In NYC at the time, car dealers were selling foreign cars and luxury cars. My husband finally found a Ford dealer with a few Focuses on the lot. All I had to do was sit in the drivers seat, and fell in love. It felt like my Tracer, with controls easily accessible, excellent comfort for my bad back, and great fuel mileage for the rapdidly increasing fuel costs. Add to that the low cost, and it beat out the Toyotas, Mazda 3 and 6, and Honda Civic hands down. I would have considered it a bargain even without the $2500 rebate and excellent financing I was able to obtain.

Comfort in all seats, good leg room in rear, even for my teenagers. Great color options, (Where else can you get Aqua? I can find my Focus in any parking lot!) Great gas milage, with over 32 MPG fully loaded on trips, over 30 with normal driving. Trunk space is much larger than others in its class.

She is almost 3 years old now, and I've had no problems at all. The only change I had to make immediately was the wiper blades that didn't work well, especially in winter conditions.

Love this car!!!
By Jimbo`

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The interior is a little plain compared to the Colbalt and stuff. But otherwise, this has been a great car. It now has over 55,000 miles on it, and is still running strong. I haven't had to replace a thing on this car. Its great for me. I just can't stop talking about it.

Good pick up, the gas is great, the interior doesn't stain easily, 4 cup holders, mp3 player

Interior is a little plain. (They fixed that for '08)

this car is awsome
By skibum

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a skier so I take this car everywhere. I get 30+ MPG in the winter and I regulary get 33-35 in the summer. I added a roof rack and a tully so I can load it up to go camping. The sound system with the subwoofer is great. Only complaint I have is the road noise from the stock tires.

Flip down the one seat and put my skis and boots in side and away I go!

Can't believe Ford chose to stop making the hatchback.

Had to replace Pirelli tires
By Brittll

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this for our daughter when she graduated from high school. It's a great little car and gets excellent gas mileage. She drove to Florida last August to do a internship at Walt Disney World and just this month her father and I flew to Orlando to drive back home with her. Lots of room in the vehicle and my husband is over 6'. My only complaint is that when we went to come home we had the oil changed and noticed the rear tires were completely bald, front tires still looked good so we had the front tires put on the back and new ones on the front. Drove 1500 miles and now the rear tires are bald. I will never own another set of Pirellis.

Ours has great and quick get up and go. Easy to manuever.

Get rid of the substandard tires.

Good car good price
By Ben

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The focus has gotten 39mpg hwy. aver. 27 mpg. Responsive,fun to drive. could have used some sound deadening to give a more quality feel. Orig. tires, Hankook shot at 17000 mi. tires rotated every 6000mi. Driving style conservative. Brakes warped too soon.

Price very good, Fuel mileage excellent.Good interior space. fold down rear seat a positive feature.

Better quality rotors, warped at approx. 15000mi. Better sound insulation.