Used 2006 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus = Meh
By Ford Driver

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because it was inexpensive and came with a body kit. Handles well, good gas mileage, nice looking exterior.

If you keep the car in cruise control on the highway, you could easily get 40mpg. Interior is quiet. Handles well.

The radio LCD display looks to be circa 1986. After racking up 11k miles, the engine is starting to get noisy. Door handles seem to be more difficult than other cars. Steering wheel is kinda uncomfortable. Handles well, but has blah acceleration (2.0 Duratec). Very high depreciation!

From One to Another...
By Mike

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 2001 ZX3 for this 2006 SES. After driving this car for a year now, I think overall I wish I would have kept my ZX3! The build quality was MUCH better on the ZX3 but the SES has more power. There are some annoying squeaks and rattles that were a non factor on the ZX3. I don't know why Ford would not make the seats that are standard on the ZX3/ZX5 standard on the SES. These have much better side bolsters. Don't get me wrong, I like the SES. The steering feel and handling are great. The ride is not too firm. The Sony Audiophile system has great sound and the auto transmission is smooth shifting.

Sony Audiophile stereo and the powertrain. The steering is just as good as cars costing thousands more. I can't stand over-assisted steering

Terminate all Quality Control employees at the Warren MI assembly plant. They must sleep on the job!

More than I expected
By JIDude

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an inexpensive vehicle with decent mileage, handling and room enough for the wife and kid. This car is more than I'd expected in terms of: vost, gas mileage, handling, acceleration and interior room. I think one can't go wrong for the price by buying this car.

Nice handling, quick response, good AC, controls in good locations.

Cup holders are useless. SE trim-level seats do not give good support and are mushy.

Good car for the $$
By Jason

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car brand new in March, I Had 3 things at the top of my want list for my new vehicle purchase. 1~ Under $15K new. 2~ averaged over 26-mpg. 3~ Good warranty. Well my 2006 Focus SE is all of that and then some. My purchase price was $12,550, that was with auto transmission, power windows/locks etc. The car drives and handles great, I am averaging 29-MPG so far, so I'm happy with that. (I've put 15,500 miles on it so far). Overall great car.

Great driving experience, peppy little 2L motor. Averaging 29~mpg in combined city/highway driving.

Fix the position of the worthless cup holders, put a rubber tray on top of the dash like the F-150's currently have. A very bland exterior color choice offering, need to inject some excitement into the color choices.

Great Handling Car!
By Tommy

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Focus in August 06 and it has impressed me so far. Handling and power is impressive for a car under $18K. Very comfortable for a small car.

The torque, brakes, suspension and the shifter. Also enjoy the 6 disc in dash cd player.

Offer a Turbo or Supercharged option to round it out to about 220 horses.