Used 2006 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus Follow-up
By Focus follow-up

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After having the car a little over 1 1/2 months, 3000 miles and in the Texas heat of 95 deg here are my observations: 1) the A/C interuption during accellerations is annoying, especially if you just got in the car and it is not already pre cooled. 2) gas mileage averages 28-29.5 mpg with 50/50 driving type. More if A/C not used. 3) all else I'm pretty happy with so far. The A/C deal was not a make or break for me when I was deciding whether to buy or not. The many other advantages out weigh this flaw.

Convinced, happy owner
By dimes4slim

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Being that our other cars are luxury or sport vehicles, I wasn't sure how I would adapt to my new commuter car. Two and a half years into my ownership, I have had zero problems. The Focus is reliable, very comfortable, handles well and gets a consistent 28 mpg in normal driving. It may not have been so fashionable when I bought it, but now that gas is $4+ per gallon, it is the envy of all of many SUV owners. The seats are great on long trips, and the 5 speed manual puts a smile on my face. With the rear seats folded down, there is a credible amount of hauling space. Simple, sporty, reliable, and economical, with great handling as a bonus. I'm convinced that the Focus was a wise choice.

Super optional Sony sound system with subwoofer in trunk. Second, the precise handling and confidence of the 4 wheel ABS disc brakes.

For what it is, I think they have done a great job for the price.

06 Focus S Sedan
By sk69

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have a Focus S Sedan (auto, a/c) since early 2006. Car is lots of fun to drive due to great handling and responsive engine. Had it at the dealership once for squeaking noise (parking brake cables), which got fixed on warranty. Fuel economy is bad for a car this size (approx. 60% city/40% hwy in New England: get 19-20 mpg in winter, 22-24 mpg in summer). Car is starting to rust now (many small spots doors, door frames).

Handling. Performance

Rust proofing. Fuel economy

Herman
By hatin11r

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With the price of gas going through the roof, I found this car with 5400 mi. and still under warranty. It really did belong to a"little old man who just drove it on errands". After reading all the reviews I decided to buy this car. So far I am more than satisfied. With a 50/50 even split of hwy.and local, I am getting 29 mpg.with a hwy speed of approx.65 mph. I have noticed the a/c interuption during rapid acceleration as previously stated. I even did this during the test drive to see if this was a big issue. Even though I live in the TX heat, I don't feel this will be a problem. Time will tell.

Big trunk & fold down rear seats, lots of cup holders, dash trunk release button, automatic front seat airbag de- activation for children. Great Burgandy color.

Regular profile tires instead of low profile, quieter door locks when car put into motion, outside temp.gauge and locking gas access door for this model.

Never Again
By Theresa Bradburn

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I will never buy another one of these. We got it because my husband needed something reliable to drive to a not so good neighborhood for work. Over the last two years the brakes have just fell apart. The door handles stick like no tomorrow, and the fuel mileage is awful. It was also at ford for three days with some started problem that we never did figure out for sure. Just that after six changed parts it quit doing it. So like I said never again.