Used 2006 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love this car!
By Tanya

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So, I've been driving my Focus for about a week. I did a lot of research beforehand and got a good deal for a low mileage car at a local dealership. I am surprised that the engine has enough power to overcome the steep hills here (I live in the mtns) at a decent speed. That was a factor I considered before purchasing, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. It runs well, although I a little loud and it's very fun to drive as well as comfortable. It seems to get pretty good gas mileage, which was one of my reasons for buying it, but I'm still keeping track of how it's going. The gas tank seems to be pretty small, but I downsized from an SUV, so there are a lot changes in that area.

Fun to drive and overall impressed with the quality for such a good price.

The visors are really cheap and flimsy and don't fit in with the rest of the car. Other people complained about the AC compressor turning off when accelerating, but that doesn't bother me as it gives me more power when I'm going up hills.

Good car, good price
By jacob

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in December of 2006, and after previously owning a Mustang I thought it would be less fun to drive, but I really like it. It gets great gas mileage about 25 city/37highway. It is also great for long distance road trips and after having it for 1 1/2 years now I haven't had any problems at all. The car is fun to drive and a great commuter for anybody.

The roomy interior and the cheap price of ownership

Make the turn signals not so noisy

2 month review
By Biker8

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for work/commute 2 months ago as gas prices were just eating me alive. Drive about 30k/yr. After ablut 5k mi, I've had no issues. The car has 29k mi. I do have a wheel bearing noise in front otherwise, everything else works fine. I'm actually surprised how comfortable the car rides. Performance is reasonable. Car looks somewhat cheap inside however, it's not an expensive car. For the money, it's much less expensive than it's Japenese counterparts & much better than it's American counterparts. Overall, for the money I definintely buy another Focus. By the way, I'm getting over 30 mpg combined. I am however, conscious about how I drive it.

Comfort for its size, trunk space, performance, & gas mileage for what it is.

Interior looks cheaper, doors sound cheap when closing. It's an inexpensive car though. I paid 6500 so overall I would say this is a great car for the money!

Fuel economy disappointing
By Don

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Like the car overall except the city fuel mileage stinks. Not using the A/C 21 is tops and in heat of summer using the A/C anywhere from 16-18 mpg. Have gotten 32 on highway, but seldom take trips so mostly the mileage is bad. Also has annoying "feature" when accelerating the A/C compressor shuts down momentarily (Ford claims this is normal for performance reasons which is nothing but a crock.). This is annoying when it's 110 or more outside in this stinking Arizona desert heat. Like 99% of the newer cars today, the design is rather ugly. Small wonder I drool over the classic car shows and their displays. I think Ford needs to make 4 cyl. cars that give decent mileage.

Performance is good for a 4 cylinder automatic. Fun to drive and reasonably comfortable.

Eliminate cutting out of A/C compressor upon acceleration and improve in town fuel mileage.

Still makes me smile
By GK

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus ZX4 ST for almost 2 years now, and I still really have no complaints. My parking brake relase button cracked, but was replaced no problem under warranty. Many people seem to think the A/C shutoff under acceleration is a huge deal. I lived in Las Vegas for the majority of the time I have had this car, and it was not a big deal. Most people just need to not accelerate so much. MPG varies, but can easily achieve 27 city mpg in FL, and have achieved as high as 34mpg highway. It's really a good buy. The car is kind of a sleeper. Drive it normal or give it hell and it will respond. Very fun to drive. Too bad they got rid of the ST option and the 2.3 I4..

5-speed, stereo, seats, wheels.Very good car for the price.

Cup holders are just in the wrong place for driver/passenger. Still usable, you just have to be creative. Steering wheel is ugly but car is definitely worth the buy