Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Never One Regret
By nursesrock

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 06 SE Sedan in 8/06. I have never regretted the purchase for one moment. I'm probably going to trade it tomorrow, knowing its resale value is worth well more than what I owe. It's a good feeling knowing Ford builds cars like the Focus. I'm done with Japanese products. The Focus has been an awesome, reliable car, and I've had nothing but compliment feedback from observers and guests. High marks, Ford is only getting better.

Handling is fantastic, steering wheel is perfect, the vertical seat adjustment for us petites, safety ratings (ABS and all around airbags on my car), paint quality, overall reliability. Great little car, unappreciated by most, most appreciated by some.

The 2012 addresses any potential improvements. Getting one. The 2009- 11 models were, um, ugly.

Small with good Utility
By bwsmoney

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes it's small. But it has a pretty decent amount of interior space for its size. SES package gives you the controls on the steering wheel, which is nice. As for comfort, it is perfect for my wife (5'3") but not at all comfortable for me (6'5"). Engine is not very powerful, but it's only noticeable when the car is really loaded down. MPG is heavily dependent on how you drive it. No mechanical problems after 4+ years, just one long-term rattle underneath that the mechanics have not been to locate. Antenna base got water in it and therefore some corrosion, and now radio reception is horrible.

Good handling, small footprint, good interior space, nice styling, good ground clearance, SES package.

Cramped legroom, fit & finish is not great, shift points are horrible, engine loud under stress, paint scratches too easily

LOVE MY FOCUS
By MMUSSO

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car right off the lot in June of '06 with 61 miles on it. it has been a great car wit great gas milage. the only mechanical issue I have had is the CD player quit working twice, warranty fixed that. I do have the brake noise (coming from the rear drums) like I have read others have issues with, replaced the tired last year because the husband ran over a screw. but that's not the car's fault. Does squeak going over bumps, handles better in snow that it did with the factory tires (can't remember which brand, but they were not pirelli's) And it could have better sound proofing.

The Color (they called it light tundra metallic) it looks pale green, the gas mileage it GREAT. Handles better than some of the higher priced cars I have driven.

Better sound proofing for outside drving noise, make all wheel disk brakes standard, and address the sqeaks in the suspension

Agood car All around
By Andrew

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used. I went from a 1998 cavalier to a 2006 focus i had a coil pack go out the same day i bought the car and replaced same day NO cost to me. I'm a stock holder for Ford and i like this car. I am 38 and is a good car all around.

Gas one tank so far 345 miles

Keep doing what ford is doing

Still Enjoying
By Tia

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was given this car in 12/06 and have had very few issues with it. When I bought the car with 16k there was a slight squeak in rear when I went over bad potholes, and the dealer fixed that. Now, with 55k i am noticing that noise every once in a while again. I have had no other problems with this car that needed to be fixed. I live in Indiana and haven't noticed the issue with the A/C that other people have mentioned. I'm not sure if it's the way I drive or my car, but I do not get anywhere near 30 mpg. I dont check it very often but I think I average around 22-25 mpg. The paint on the radio is wearing off a bit. Only complaint is that although the trunk is pretty big, the opening is not!!

The removable cup holders for easy cleaning. Extra cup holders in front doors.

Center counsel is not a solid piece, it "hangs" over the emergency brake. Mine is still perfect but I'm worried my dog will eventually brake it. backseat is spacious, but NO actual leg room. make opening to the trunk wider.