Used 2006 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

LOVE MY FOCUS
By MMUSSO

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car right off the lot in June of '06 with 61 miles on it. it has been a great car wit great gas milage. the only mechanical issue I have had is the CD player quit working twice, warranty fixed that. I do have the brake noise (coming from the rear drums) like I have read others have issues with, replaced the tired last year because the husband ran over a screw. but that's not the car's fault. Does squeak going over bumps, handles better in snow that it did with the factory tires (can't remember which brand, but they were not pirelli's) And it could have better sound proofing.

The Color (they called it light tundra metallic) it looks pale green, the gas mileage it GREAT. Handles better than some of the higher priced cars I have driven.

Better sound proofing for outside drving noise, make all wheel disk brakes standard, and address the sqeaks in the suspension

Agood car All around
By Andrew

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used. I went from a 1998 cavalier to a 2006 focus i had a coil pack go out the same day i bought the car and replaced same day NO cost to me. I'm a stock holder for Ford and i like this car. I am 38 and is a good car all around.

Gas one tank so far 345 miles

Keep doing what ford is doing

Still Enjoying
By Tia

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was given this car in 12/06 and have had very few issues with it. When I bought the car with 16k there was a slight squeak in rear when I went over bad potholes, and the dealer fixed that. Now, with 55k i am noticing that noise every once in a while again. I have had no other problems with this car that needed to be fixed. I live in Indiana and haven't noticed the issue with the A/C that other people have mentioned. I'm not sure if it's the way I drive or my car, but I do not get anywhere near 30 mpg. I dont check it very often but I think I average around 22-25 mpg. The paint on the radio is wearing off a bit. Only complaint is that although the trunk is pretty big, the opening is not!!

The removable cup holders for easy cleaning. Extra cup holders in front doors.

Center counsel is not a solid piece, it "hangs" over the emergency brake. Mine is still perfect but I'm worried my dog will eventually brake it. backseat is spacious, but NO actual leg room. make opening to the trunk wider.

Problems
By April

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used a year and a half ago, because I was going through a divorce and need something that wasn't a gas guzzler and compact. Since the purchase it has needed a new transmission, a new fly wheel and I just replaced the starter. When I bought it the back passenger side strut was already squeaking (and still does). Luckily the transmission and fly wheel were covered by the warranty. However, it cost me $460 to replace the starter. I know there is up keep in buying a car but geez...

color

Use better parts and be more careful in assembling...

Liked the car; Didn't like the repairs
By Holly

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my Focus for just shy of three years when it met a premature death in an accident about a month ago. Honestly, I liked the look of my car and had a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately, my transmission failed at 37,000 miles just beyond the when the factory warrenty expired requiring a rebuild. Two months after the the transmission fiasco, the front driver's side wheel bearing woreout. Also, the CD player was rather tempermental. It only worked when the temperature outside ranged from 60-80 degrees. I'm not very sure what that issue pertained to as it seemed to be a luxury concern compared to the other required repairs to a new college grad with student loans!

LOVE the trunk space! Gas mileage is pretty good as well.

Too many costly repairs for a car with less than 50,000 miles on it.