Used 2006 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Just a Great Little Car
By Bobby V

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car mainly as a commuter, but found out it's also a great road car. Handling, quiet & comfortable says it all. Only had for 4 months, but all indications including reliability look very good. Saved a bundle compared to competition. Very good ergonomics, easy new car to get used to. I think mileage will improve with age. We drive a very (25 mile) winding and twisty road to work and back, and trust me, this car is the one you want to be in. ABS, and side air bags were a must, as should be in all vehicles. We love our Outback & minivan, but this one is really a hoot to drive. If you're a DRIVER, and love to DRIVE check it out. Oh, and you will smile all the way to the BANK!

Handling, great looks, ergonomics, Loaded with extras as standard equipment. It's "Just a Great Little Car".

More refinement would be nice. But then I guess they would charge another $5000, like the competition. So be it. The interior quality is very livable, believe me. More cubbies would be nice.

$12000? Can't go wrong
By livforvaca

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 6 months any new car is just "a car". This one does everything you need, especially at $3 a gallon. I'm 6'2" and fit in it great. The air is cold, stereo is fine and $250/month with $500 down is great. I wanted a Charger RT but my payment would have been $600/month. You figure it out!

The trunk. It's more than good for a car this size.

More single options. I wanted power door locks, period. I didn't want a package to get them.

Very Impressed! Really like it!
By Grant

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car two days, and I'm so impressed. It has solid power through all gears, good exhaust tone, and has a great overall feel. Filled up after burning a 1/4 tank just to see what my mpg was, and was impressed with 26 mpg for city driving. Seats have good side bolster, trunk is quite big for car. Wish the cup holders were arranged differently, but don't let that discourage you from buying. You can get a fully loaded Focus ST, way cheaper than a loaded Civic. I have caught a lot of heck for getting a Focus, but after most people see the car they are quite impressed, and say "not bad"

Sporty feel, very fun to drive, 6 disc changer, sunroof, good gauge cluster set up. Fog lamps, and spoiler add a nice touch!

Cup holder arrangement, center console.

Great Car
By Raymond

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have several types of vehicles in the past, but have found the Ford Focus 2006 is the best I have owed so far.

Handling, speed, gas mileage and sound system.

Better sound proofing from outside noise.

Focus delivers the goods where it counts
By William E. Irving

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car with 4 cylinders and a 5-speed to replace my aging 6-cylinder auto '99 Jetta. Jetta still beautiful and a joy to drive, but neither very economical nor particularly reliable. Always liked styling of the Focus, so I thought I would try it, after 25 years of VWs. Don't know what all the carping about build quality is about. Paint is deep and lustrous, body panels fit, feels tight and solid on the road - no rattles or squeaks. Interior not as pretty as Jetta, but is functional, sturdy and comfortable. Engine torquey with smooth power delivery. Focus weighs 500 lbs less than Jetta, so power deficit not a big deal. Moreover, car has been very reliable - old Foci I've seen hold up well.

Like tall Euro driving position, supportive well-formed seats, great steering feel with outstanding leather-covered wheel, neutral handling, smooth ride, slick shifter. Very nice Pirelli tires. Top-end audio system is outstanding in a car this cheap. Low on glamor, very high in driving pleasure.

Rear headrests! Anti-lock brakes and side-curtain airbags STANDARD! ALL windows should have one-touch up AND down. Neat VW feature: windows and moonroof work for 10 minutes after engine shutoff and can be closed from outside the car. 2.3L engine STANDARD! Nicer plastics inside. Standard iPod plug in.