Used 2005 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Best Choice for the Price
By LarryZX4SES

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned many dozens of Fords. I traded-off a 2003 Ranger FX4 for the Focus. My wife and I test drove every make of vehicle before deciding, and the last two choices were a BMW 3 series or the Focus. The BMW was without question better in performance, handling and comfort, but not $20,000.00 better. I drive the car to work daily and average around 28-29 mpg in town. On the highway the mileage can jump to 34 mpg or better. The car is almost paying for itself on gasoline savings alone. The main selling points for me were the leg room, handling, pretty good pep especially for passing on the highway, and over all comfort. For a drive-to-work car, it has been very good.

Good handling for zipping through traffic, good horsepower for getting away from traffic, correct seat design to prevent knee binding, not bad looks in dark gray, comfortable enough to drive for hours, and better mileage than everything else in its price range.

Smoother and quieter tires. The factory tires are good, but hard and noisy. Have an option for higher quality interior materials; the plastics do the job and are better than most brands, but I would still like an interior with a little warmth.

Great 1st Car for a Teen
By Firefighter254

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Trying to find a reasonably proced low mileage used Honda/Toyota/Nissan is impossible, so we tried the Ford Focus and it was the best thing we could have done. We found our 2005 ZX4-SES complete with every option except leather seats for under $9300 w/tax/prep. Just a great car for a first timer like my teenage daughter- came with ABS and side air bags. Great MPG as well-she loves it ! Cjeap to run, cheap to keep and it just goes and goes and goes.

Fun to drive-lot of nice features for a basic car. Safe and reliable. Great MPG.

Noisy hi-rev 4-cyl engine plus lots of wind noise over 65mph-you learn to live with it.

my red focus
By Berenice

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

when i first bought the car i was like its nice it looks cool its cheap , then i took it for a test drive it was a very smooth i liked it a lot

it saves gas easy to drive

they already made a new one so i guess they improved it

Great Little Wagon for Price!!
By Lisa Pelz

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love this vehicle! Handles well with awesome gas mileage! Holds all of my sons sporting equipment as one of the reasons why I have purchased this vehicle. Love the sunroof and the multi disc player. I bought extra, the net for groceries and the cargo cover for the back so you can hide your valuables. Handles great! Fits me like a glove. No where to put your purse but in the back seat. Unfortunately had one accident in it and we were all safe! Awesome!

Love the body style and the sleek design! Got it in Cobalt Blue! Wow! The color looks S-H-A-R-P expecially at night.

Fool proof door locks. Better Adhesive for the extra back piece where the hatch is is comming off. I really hate the brake squeeking is bad at first if they are wet for a few minutes. Something I cannot prevent or fix..but I can live with this.

it is a nice car
By Memphisian

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it to replace my old Ford Escort. Now my wife drives it and I drive it during weekends. Compared to my Ford Fusion, it is noisy. That is the only thing I can complain about. Man, this car is 4,000 dollar cheaper than Ford Fusion. Can they be the same? I own it for 3 years and only the CD player had problem and it was replaced by a brand new one without cost. Believe it? This car does not need to change air filter. The gas mileage is good, it is a great economic compact car.

CD / MP3 player and sound system, reliablilty, good gas mileage,; power features.

Console can be better. I don't like the sporty steering wheel very much