Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 317 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

the most bang for your buck
By Mike

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Obviously the Ford Focus isn't a luxury model. You get what you pay for. But I purchased a 2005 ZX2 SES om July of '05 (the day before Ford decided to do employee pricing). I also added the upgraded sound system, side impact air bags, and moonroof ... I paid $13,150. I believe that dollar for dollar you get more for your money that Toyota or Honda. Remember you are paying premium price on those two cars because of reliability. Ford has worked out the kinks and I believe it's not worth paying an extra $6,000 for a Honda just because a Ford MIGHT break down and a Honda MIGHT not.

Excellent control with steering. Excellent sound system. I get about 20 mpg with a mix of highway and city. (Chicago)

A little more head room. I am 6'3" and if I sit up straight it cuts a little close. Luckily I like to drive with the seat back a little.

Good bang for the buck
By gearhed79

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good, as I've only put 3500 miles on it -- surprisingly roomy for such a small car. Lots of features available at a good price. Fuel economy is good even with "spirited" driving.

Room, sunroof, good stock stereo (plays mp3s).

Cheap plastic interior will be a rattle trap at high miles.

Ford Focus
By Doris Courtney

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a cute, economical car with all the amenities of a very expensive vehicle. Highly recommend it. Has a 6 CD player, climate control, anti-theft device, back seats fold down for extra room, dual airbags, heated side mirrors, loads of storage space, several cupholders, an outlet to charge a cellphone, floor mats, and keyless door entry. It has a separate button to blow the horn so you can find your car in a parking lot, cruise control, Pirelli tires. The price is reasonable with tax and tags, $15,000.

Adjustable driver seat. No extra pillows needed.

I could not improve on this car at all unless it came with it's own garage.

2005 ST
By Dale

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my ST for a couple of months now and it's a real blast to drive. My wife got the basic model and I got the ST and I'd recommend the ST for it has a much tighter feel for the road. (and a bit quicker). I haven't had a 5 speed in yrs and I forgot how much fun they are while getting better gas mileage also. The heated leather seats are a real plus and the stereo really cranks!

Smooth ride, real nice factory stereo, heated seats/mirrors.

Locking glove box.

Radio killed the car
By LEH88

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had the car for about 4 weeks, left it parked for a week, came back the engine was dead, jumped it, it died again. Come to find out the CD/radio was bad, killing the battery. Two months later still waiting on a new CD/radio to be installed. Also my car came with no dip stick. Not sure if that was the dealer or standard practice, that cost $45. Otherwise the car has everything you need for the price. Even with the AC running it can keep up with the best of them on the Autobahn here in Germany. At 140KMs it is sailing along comfortably.

I like the standard features, power locks, cruise control, roomy interior. Fits a family of 4 with two of them teenagers without complaints. Nice car for the price.

Improve the plastic interior, cut down the noise a little. Make the front seats a little larger.