Used 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not worth the repairs
By bioc06

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My '05 Focus has been prone to maintenance issues.
Despite following the scheduled maintenance guide and having less than 50,000 miles, the transmission has gone. The cause, according to the mechanic, is wear and tear on a band, and nothing could have been done to prevent it.
Twice, the alignment has gone out.
No cause was given.

The car is comfortable, gas mileage is reasonable. Heats up quickly in the winter, cools quickly in the summer.

Better quality parts.

Great Ford Product!!
By Kimberly

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car - this is my second 2005 Ford Focus ZX4! The first one I bought was in 2005 Sangria Red I drove it for 2 years and put 35,000 miles on it and absolutely loved it!! I traded it in for a bigger car Mercury Grand Marquis also a Great Ford product - but I missed the little Ford Focus. Five years later driving past a Ford dealership I spotted from the road 2005 white Ford Focus ZX4 - I pulled in and bought another one! This one had the same exact mileage 5 years later as the one I traded in - it was fate - meant to be. Its just a fun little car to drive! Great gas mileage If I drive the speed limit I get 37 mpg on the highway (manual 5 speed). Everyone should own one!!

It's American Made!! - Fun to drive, it's quick, roomy inside, great gas millage, great quality, performance and dependability.

An arm rest in the center for both driver and passenger seat.

Ford Focus 2005 Automatic transmission
By Veva

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing but problems with the automatic transmission, I have put approx. $3000.00 in transmission, today the car will not go in drive over 10 mph. I can drive the car in 2nd gear not over 30 mph. I am today trying to find a garage to have my car towed to. This car is not paid off and I am constantly putting money into. And making a monthly payment, I have had this Ford for 4 years and it has made me a nervous wreck to drive. The throttle cable catches all the time, the worst part with the transmission is you are traveling at 50 mph and the transmission will go into low gear, or neutral when someone behind you is going 50 mph. Not safe on the interstate

gas mileage

Ford should have had a recall on these cars for the automatic transmission and the sticking throttle cable

Love my Focus!
By llb2010

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 a few months ago, and I must admit, I LOVE it! It runs great, gets awesome gas mileage (almost 35 to the gallon highway, about 28 city), and is very cute! I'm seventeen and wanted to buy a car (yes- I paid for it myself!) that would last throughout college and I think I've found the one! It has plenty of legroom for me (6 feet tall). It gets great pickup and I find it very easy to drive- even in the snow and ice. I haven't had any problems with the car (knock on wood) and would recommend it to anyone. My parents may be Toyota and Honda owners, but I'm a Ford girl for life!

Awesome gas mileage, lots of pep on the highway, roomy front seat, great stereo too! VERY maneuverable drive!

Almost no room in backseat. Also, my car has no armrest in the middle and the cupholders are in the most inconvenient place. I bought an old rental car, perhaps that is why theyre so odd, but other than that, this car is awesome!

Nice car
By T. Dunst

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

98,000 miles so far. Replaced alternator and battery at 60,000 miles. No other problems. 38 mpg. Very fast vehicle, good acceleration. With the manual tranny it is quite sporty and handles well. I will buy another after this one has 200,000 on it. Its been to California (from East Coast) and is my 134 mile a day commuting car.

Economically priced.

Why can't this car get 50 mpg? My 1994 Ford Tempo with the 2.3 engine got 37 mpg hauling 1000 pounds of people and gear.