Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 316 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love my car
By susan

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus was my first brand new car. I have not had one single problem with it since I've bought it. My husband has a Honda Civic and my car is by far more comfortable, roomy, handles better and less noisy. I commute almost 2 hours a day and my car has been perfect.It even took me through my entire pregnancy comfortably. The car is quite fuel efficient - I only fill up once a week. The stereo system is very clear as well! Have spent many long hours on roadtrips and it has been comfortable and great on the highway! A great car. The only thing is the dashboard is kind of cheaply done and is getting worn looking. Some difficulty in bad weather.

Overall handling, exterior appearance, sound system, reliability

Better quality dashboard. Not great in snowy weather.

Nice littler car
By Nice little car

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With a few little tweeks I can get About 38-40 mpg on the highway at around 65-75Mph. It's not the fastest car but It's absoulutely the best car for fuel economy and reliability. I put over 33,000 miles on it in 24 months, and it still run great. Road noise is a problem but $350 or less if you do it yourself will fix the problem (Road noise foam or strips).

Cup holders! And $30 a week gas! (If you live in Idaho)

More leg room better sound system

My crappy ford
By starfishinva

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for the gas mileage since most of my driving is interstate, to find it sucks more gas than a V8 and when taken to the car lot they hook up a computer to it and say i'm getting 39 mpg but in fact getting less than 22 mpg what a disappointment!!!the rpms in the city are 1800 on the tach on the highway it's between 2200 and 2500 and no one will actually check the car out for problems!!!

none

Ford to make good on the CAR! and they advertise 37 mpg? don't buy a Focus...

Good Small Car Overall
By Joel from IL

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like the way this car drives. The engine is peppy and it stays glued to the road. So far, after two years this Focus has been mostly reliable. It's been to the dealer for a trunk latch and windshield wiper switch problem. All were fixed. There are just minor issues that bug me though. Compared to the 2003 we had the interior is cheap looking and plasticky. Seats are not very comfortable. The taillight bulbs burned out at exactly 2 years. Just little ways to tell Ford has cut corners. At highway speed there seems to be quite a bit of road noise which may be due to the low profile tires. The fuel economy leaves room for improvement at real world 20-23 city, and 30-32 highway.

Engine has good acceleration, good suspension, European car feel, CD changer with mp3 capability, low maintenance engine basically requires little more than oil changes

Use better quality interior materials, better fuel economy, reduce road noise, improve fit and finish, better sounding stereo like the Blaupunkt factory in our 2003

Fun basic transportation
By Jim Schaffer

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've waited two years to write this review because often times first impressions are not accurate. But in this case they would have been because I'm as happy with the car now as I was when I first drove it off the lot. The 2.0 motor has lots of pep. The suspension has you thinking your driving something thousands of dollars more than what you paid for it. The fuel mileage is excellent (35 mpg on the interstate). The interior and exterior design is contemporary and very apealling (in my opinion anyway). Overall, an excellent little car!

5 speed stick and power makes the car feel more of a sporting car than it really should be.

Can't think of any, really.