Used 2005 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Found On Road Dead (FORD)
By paulnlacie

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Man, after trading in my 94 Escort for this new ZX5 SES, a year later and 15-20 visits to the dealership for repairs I have come to the conclusion I got a lemon. Have had problems with AC, power window switches, transmission, engine, just to name a few. The dealership wants to take no action to fix this problem even we have now a classified lemon. This is Ford for you, At least the dealership will give a loaner to all people who buys their cars. But I want My Car To Drive that's why I bought it. WHERES THE ESCORT!

Looks.

Would like a another car (not just a new car) but Ford and the Dealership just laugh and say "whatever." "Quality is Job 1" (boy is this statement true HAH).

Love to drive
By Janice

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Ford Explorer and with the gas prices going up I wanted something that was better on gas and also something smaller. At first I was not sure about the leg room in the back for 2 teenage girls but turns out it has plenty of room for them. I love the way it handles. I love to drive it. My girls are learning how to drive and we disagree on who gets to drive.

The way it drives. I also like the mute button. I comes in handy.

I have a deaf daughter and the back seat of the car doesn't have a light for her to use to talk to people in the dark.

Begs to be Driven!
By DGoggans

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 102 miles daily, and I need a car that makes those 2.5 hours bearable. The Focus makes the drive a pleasure. I'm on Interstate 75, and my Focus runs with the big boys without breaking a sweat. Outstanding on all counts. Feels like a much bigger car with a MUCH bigger engine. This is my first Ford. It won't be my last!

Engine performance, suspension, cornering, road feel, control, acceleration, ride.

Better reduction of road noise. Less naked plastic inside. Don't mess with the instrument panel. The wacky Civic instruments are what sent me to Ford!

Best car, Best price
By rob

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle, everyone that drives it says it has a better ride than most $20,000 cars. And it has a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty! I shopped A LOT, no better deal!

Handling, gas mileage, roomy.

I wish mine had a moonroof.

Excellent Vehicle
By bDw

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent vehicle. I LOVE it! It is very fuel efficient ... very good car for a teen because it is very safe. One of the safest cars of the newer model cars. Very good looking as well.

Gorgeous Looking. Best on gas .

Heated backseats, light in the back and on the mirrors.