Used 2004 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 345 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

The SVTF is a hoot
By Donland23

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my SVT Focus new with 67 miles on the clock in 8/04. As of 1/08, it's now at nearly 70k miles. While I can't say they've been entirely trouble free, the Focus has never left me stranded. All of it's foibles have been superficial. Right now it has no issues other then steering wheel wobble at freeway speeds, and even that's not too bad. Performance is superior; 0-60 mph in about 8 secs, and up to 34 mpg on the hwy are both legit numbers I've acheived. Being a hatchback has also helped, such as when I fit an entire kitchen table with the seats folded. Overall, great car for the money, and no regrets in purchasing it.

Cornering ability with stock suspension and tires. No question. Second place would be fuel economy. 34 mpg with three aboard with the cruise set at 75 mph. Amazing.

Gutless off the line. I think my 86' Isuzu Trooper with a 96HP engine is quicker from 0-15mph. Blame a ratio in 1st gear that is too tall.

Two-time SVT Focus owner!
By dave

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love my SVT Ford Focus! I was dissappointed that Ford didn't continue to produce this car, so I traded my 2002 in on a 2004. Both cars have exceeded my expectations. Every color on this car looks good, although Sonic Blue is my favorite. There is no bad version of the SVT Focus.

This car corners like an expensive sports car! The 6 speed transmission really puts this car over the top. Shifting out of second gear at 70 mph gets it done when you're getting on the interstate. I live in Colorado so the fact that the heater starts blowing warm air in 2 minutes is awesome.

Heat the entire seat not just the cloth insert. A supercharger should be standard. All-season or snow tires should be an option.

One great SVT
By red04svt

2004 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned my SVT Focus for about 5 to 6 months now and I love it. I get many compliments around the city when I ride. I've taken it to the autocross about 3 times and always finish better than 5th place. This car is a great accomplishment for the SVT team.

6 spd. manual transmissiom, great suspension and brakes. Engine is the strongest 4cyl. ford has ever built and 2nd strongest made (second to the lancer evo.)

Cold air intake, SCT chip, new cams, nitrous oxide.

My SVT Focus
By **0*SILVERMAGIC*4**

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I’ve had the car for 5 months, the exterior is great. Put a vinyl top dress it up and turn heads. Performance is awesome, wheels are great, steering and turning corners are fun, passing people on the highway is cool. The interior design is awesome looking. Seats are comfy and stereo sound system is great. 6 disk CD changer and green glow gauges. 6 speed manual transmission is great.

The best features the car has are the rims, projector headlights and fog, exhaust sound, performance, reliable,suspension, interior, and stereo sound system and moonroof!

Suggested improvements would be speed. It's great and all but youd expect more horsepower in a sports car from SVT.

Great little car
By James

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the complete package. Sporty, well-appointed, practical, and comfortable. The engine has two personalities: docile and tame in normal driving, with excellent power when revving past 5500rpm. Great for the track, but it is a little hard to extract fun and performance on the street. Also surges when cruising. Aside from this, it's a great-looking little car with decent back seat room, and phenomenal cargo room for a compact. The handling is amazing considering its refined ride. Everything works, no rattles, and is thankfully very low-key as a performance vehicle. Mileage isn't impressive. List of features is excellent for a small car, and yetrelatively inexpensive. Highly recommended!

Looks, exhaust note (stock), great balance of ride and handling, great non-HID headlights, fuel filler on passenger side.

More torque, eliminate the cruising surge, V6 would make more sense than a 4-banger. Would love to see carburetors, but that'll never happen.