Used 2004 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 345 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Lemon
By grover04

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2004 Ford Focus ZTS for 5 years and it has been nothing but a money sucker ever since. For the past 5 years my focus has randomly shut down while I've been driving and I have taken the car to multiple shops and a Ford Dealership, still no one can figure out the problem. I have had to replace the headlights twice every year, and as soon as my car hit 70,000 (this summer) my car basically lived at an auto shop (been in 5 times the past 6 months). My friend who has the same make, same year, has had all similar problems as has a neighbor of mine. The only positives I have to say about this car is a spacious trunk and nice interior.

2004 SVT Focus
By jkevallen

2004 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Driving over the Santa Cruz mountains to work every day this car is a ton of fun to drive. Great bang for the buck. I purchased it Used in 2009 and have loved every minute. In mostly highway (commute) driving I consistently get 30 mpg. Only mechanical issue I've had is needing to replace the clutch master cylinder for $270. If left out in the sun in high heat the gauges sometimes don't read correctly after start up. Other than that I love the car. Looking forward to the new Focus ST to be released in 2012.

Smooth power & 6-speed manual transmission, great steering and handling. Comfortable seats and generally good quality interior and exterior.

A little more interior storage space.

Possessed
By bucky

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Within 2 months of driving off the lot abs and brake lights started blinking. Took back to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with the brakes but could not find the problem. Moved to ms took to another Ford dealer and got the same answer. Since then I have all kinds of warning lights and alarms and interior lights that blink and go off when the humidity goes up.

very peppy

get your act together on electrical problems

Great Car
By Keith

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car! Bought used with 24,000 miles on it, now have 105,000 and had only minor issues. Pretty comfortable, great gas mileage, 2.3 delivers good power too. Only issue I have is that it doesn't do all that great in the snow.

Gas mileage, fun to drive

Intermittent Wiper intervals - some are too quick while others are too long (I know, really picky)

Loads of Room Inside
By amapola

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This wagon holds a ton of stuff. We are using it to go camping and there's loads of room for everything and everybody. It's a zippy little vehicle and easy to park in small spaces. Surprisingly smooth ride for such a small car. It looks very sleek ,unlike some of the SUVs we considered. Fuel economy is great. Altogether a very good buy.

Headlights. Throw a very long beam I find very good when driving along dark highways. Flat fold down back seats give huge cargo space you can even sleep in.

Better visibility when shoulder checking. Wide pillar and tinted windows made it a bit difficult for driver to shoulder check.