Used 2004 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 345 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not satisfied
By jaladymaverick

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am not happy with the noise level from outside while driving. The car drives horribly in the winter due to being light weight. I am not getting the gas mileage I was anticipating.

Fun exterior color, multiple CD player/changer.

Ford Focus
By Jim

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our 2004 Ford Focus has been a great dependable car. We enjoy the way it handles and the gas mileage. We will without a doubt be buying another Ford Focus.

The way the car handles on the road and the comfort in the drive.

None.

Long Term Review
By RB

2004 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Today is my SVT's 2nd birthday, so I thought it deserved a review. If I had rated this car when I first got it, it would have scored lower, as this car just grows on you. I am but months from 50, and I find this car just a blast to drive on a daily basis. I have 6 cars (2 Porsches) so that's saying a lot! The "fun-to-drive" level is just off the charts. You can tool around getting great gas mileage, or punch it to the 7200rpm redline for big grins. Just way too fun. And the brakes are world class (I run some Baer and Wilwoods), as is the handling. Reliability has been superb. If you ever get a chance go buy one of these, they are just way too much fun, while remaining totally practical!

Recaro seats and the diminutive size of the car in traffic, counterbalanced by enough interior room to carry 3 teenage boys and all the groceries home!

Suspension can bottom out pretty easily. The ECU really struggles sometimes is humid weather (reminds me of the Weber carbs on my Porsche), and the OEM ContiSportContacts are really good, but not superb.

I love my Focus
By Christine101101

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Focus. This is the second one I have owned. I totaled my first and walked away without a scratch. They are safe, reliable, fun, and affordable. I recommend them to all of my friends. Great car, especially for the price. I have the 2.3 liter engine and it can really go!

Power locks, doors, mirrors, and keyless entry.

Better gas mileage. It's not bad, but not great.

Great car
By Jim

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Focus we have purchased. We bought a basic, no options 4 door model for our daughter to use at college. Hard to beat the price for a nice, new car. The 2nd one we bought for my wife is a ZTS with most of the extras added. Again, hard to beat the price for a nice, "loaded" car.

Lots of headroom. Comfortable seating position. Doesn't feel like a small car. Very usable back seat (for adults). Zippy performance.

Driver's armrest could be longer. Rear seat doesn't fold down flat enough.