Used 2002 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 301 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

OMG so many problems
By TERESA

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Ok, let me explain to you how this car has made my life a living nightmare! Ok I bought this car with 38,000 miles on it when I bought it I found out it had a cooling sensor problem, then clutch problem, then rack and pinion, then axle problems, then ignition problems, I swear this car is not worth what I put into it now I have a problem with my fifth gear either not wanting to going into gear or it getting stuck and not wanting to come out! Please do not buy this car!

when i first got it, it was fast but of course it has a governor in it..

do not get it

Now I know
By Nicole

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car when it was 4 years old and had 30K miles. It drove nice at first,looked okay,and gas mileage is great.It has been nothing but problems since. The AC has gone out 4 or 5 times,each time Ford sent their dealership defective parts to replace the AC.Finally they sent a part that looks like its going to work.Then the alternator went out at 80,000 miles.It also had to be replaced twice because Ford sent a bad part the first time.We've put more money into this car than its even worth. The gas mileage is ok. Maybe ford should focus on building quality vehicles.Now I know to NEVER , EVER buy a Ford vehicle again.

2002 Ford Focus ZX5
By CarMan

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several cars in my life and drive more than the average. My Focus had its first repair at 112,000 miles needing a sensor replaced. Other than tires, and brakes, and oil changes this car has been an amazing one and I would not hesitate to buy another. Gas mileage is also incredible, tires are inexpensive, and the seats are more comfortable than in my Jag.

Great Car!!
By thinkr047

2002 Ford Focus SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful car! I bought this car brand new in 2002. I have had 3 fairly major wrecks in this car and it held up extremely well and kept me protected! I have had to replace a few things here and there but so far nothing major. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and I will be purchasing a new Focus in 2012 when the new design comes out!

Moonroof, Cruise, Gentle Ride, Reliability, Gas Usage, Price.

A bit more powerful engine...but I believe the Focus coming out in 2012 will have this.

2002 Ford Focus
By Christine

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but great reliability with my 2002 Focus ZTS. I still have the factory battery in it, ac works great, great on gas, I can always depend on this car to get me where I need to go. Oil always gets changed on a regular basis, regular check ups and it has been going. I'm no mechanic but the money that I have put into this car is just maintenance that you do for your car to keep running. The only thing that has not worked since I purchased it was the drivers side windshield wiper.

Power Windows