Used 2001 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (93 reviews )

OK but fun
By eric

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2001 ZX3 is an OK car. I had one since the beginning and it's been OK. This car balances out with a lot of trips to the dealer for fixes but pretty dang fun drive when you get it back. There is too much rattling inside at around 50,000 miles but everything still holds on strong. One thing I am very happy with is its performance on the highway. This car can somehow cruise at 85 miles an hour at only 3500 rpms! I get around only 20 miles a gallon at that speed but sometimes it's worth it.

Car handles like a dream. The sound system is surprisingly good. Pretty neat looking. Good performance. Great price for everything.

Better build quality inside and out. Better tires and needs better brakes. I replace breaks and tires every year it seems like!

I love it but...
By sexyamazon

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive, and very good on fuel. But at a low speed impact it seemed to fold to easy and massive damage was caused which force me to total out the car with my insurance company. I really enjoyed this car and wish that I still had it. I hope to find another just like it

Having better support around the engine so if and accident occurs in the front the engine is better protected, ie radiator

Great Little Car
By sheilah

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The body of the car is wonderful, it looks like a new car not a 2001. It's very comfortable and the pick up is great. My car has it all, this is the first Ford that I have bought and it will not be the last. I love this car. Also there is so much room inside the car, it has everything I so glad that I found it.

Great gas mileage. very nice ride. Great pickup. Radio is great. AC is great.

None

Drive Circles Around Competition
By Kevin

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

These cars are an amazing, theres no way I could have bought a better car. I had a few issues at first and got very upset. All my issues stopped as soon as I fixed the problems myself.

Bodystyle and handling characteristics.

Lowered Ride Height (1/2") and larger wheels to fill fender gap. Once I added a turbo this car with 260hp feels like it should have come that way.

My car is nothing but fun
By AznInAmerica

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my baby! It's been good to me but there are some things that kinda stink. Like the manufacturer's rotors were worn out after only a few months of driving, and the fact that the ignition had to be replaced because it never wanted to turn. But other than that I love it! It's roomy on the inside, yet small and cute on the outside. If it's someone's first car, I would definitely recommend it!

High off the ground, nice big doors, lots of room inside

I just think that the manufacturer should give better equipment as far as rotors and brake pads go.