Used 2001 Ford Focus Wagon Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Focus Wagon

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2001 ford focus se wagon
By edward jensen

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my focus used with 21000 miles on it.The wagon was very useful for utility purposes.The car had many accessories that were very useful.I loved the car the first couple years.But then it started to cost me to much to maintain. I traded it in to a local ford dealer at about 67,500 miles on it.I had given up on it and told them why.

wagon very useful, power accessories very nice. looks very good inside and out.Good trade in allowance.

To many problems with brakes.Grinding noise from rear brakes never fixed right.Costly engine repair and parts on the car were to cheaply made.

You get what you pay for.
By tommyschw

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car used for a pretty good price. We have had it for 3 years now and it has been fairly reliable. It can be a bear to work on yourself at times, due to the way it was built. There have been sensor problems and it is leaking coolant now. Hopefully we can get a few more years out of it, we take really good care of it, and it still seems to have problems. More so than my Pontiac Grand Am.

Wagon, interior design, gas mileage

Cheaply built, Ford should really be using more reliable parts in their cars.

My first car
By Denise

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased at 178000kms now almost at 300000kms. Never miss an oil change, well maintained. Problems began just after 200000 kms. My car began to 'studder' while in gear. Changed the fuel filter, thought it could have been the gas. Nope. Changed leads and plugs thinking I'm misfiring. Nope. One day went to start my car and it sounded horrible-in the end it was my timing belt, I needed an entire new engine as the belt had slipped and ruined the pistons and valves. A 'new' rebuilt engine was put in. Now headlight socket on drivers side seems melted and the contacts no longer connect. Rear dr side door clasp jammed-no longer use that dr won't click closed. Replaced ignition key shaft as rollers seized

Spacious, pretty fun to drive, very responsive steering, great visability. It's a pretty good first car- size wise, price (not including all the repairs I've made!)

RPM guage, more noise protection. If only it could have been made more reliable all around.

What does Ford stand for?
By Maybe happy

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This station wagon has been good and bad. I might buy another only if certain things are changed. It has stranded me over 4 times yet it has done well on long trips and it is good on gas and it handles great. The car is paid for yet I seem to put an average of $300 into it every month throughout the year. Power windows all work at each door however the front passanger won't go down from the driver side and the left rear pass window won't go down from the driver control either. Now the driver control will make the right side passanger go up. Rear hatch unlatches while your driving and you never hit the release.

Awesome handling, good on gas, easy to park, ok sound system, nice cargo shade, OK dash controls and easy to wash.

Recall all suggested. Ignigtion 3 times. Front end 6 sets of front tires. Cheap arm rest broke 2 times Pain to put on seat belt because armrest in way. EGR sensor 2 times AC Compressor went out. Fuel pump went out. Thermostat & housing went out leaking coolant all over. Need 3 cup holders

A lot of car for the money
By Dan

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Can't say enough good about this car. Had Fords Escorts Zx2 (2) of them with the same engine, the Focus lived up to my expections. Had some small issues but as with all cars you'll always have some. I would like to see some more engine performance parts available from the dealer to give a little more pep.

Overall performance and its function.

More engine pep options.