Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 306 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great car when it doesn't need repair
By ZM

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I really want to love this car. It has not left me stranded yet. But since I purchased it with 90K 2 years ago, I have put in nearly $4000 in repairs. None to my negligence. So buyer beware. The first year of the Focus is the most problematic. I will say that it has plenty of power and features for a small car. The wagon has tons of space as well.

space, ride height, handling, looks, fuel economy 32mpg highway, 24 city, easy to work on yourself (you'll have to).

Better build quality, smoother transmission, fewer cheap plastic parts,

You get what you pay for
By pablo

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I think is a pretty decent car for the price I paid. I have read the reviews and I agree with some of the problems listed here. The brakes system vibrates and there is a light that comes on when I turn too sharply or hit a bump. I think this is a good car for someone without kids because the two door deal is uncomfortable at times for the ones seating in the back. I have seated in the back, nonetheless, and it is spatious, just kind of a pain to get in and out. Overall it is pretty handy, good design, the 5 speed may be better than the automatic transmition. I owned a Taurus for 2 years and the transmition broke down.

design, top speed is awesome, corners and handling is good, the driver seats are high giving you great visibility of the road,

cupholders are located in a retarded position, braking system is not the best feature, 4 door should be standard, better acceleration and fuel economy

best car
By m011

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 ford focus, with over 100000km on it i've only had few problems. i love it. for a small car its big.

big. good on gas. love it

better spot for oil filter

Best car ever... will only ever buy ford
By FORDFOCUSLUVR

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my focus, i have had it for a few months and it has been nothing but good. I have heard of all the problems but so far none of them. And I think i may have some electrical problems going on with the radio.. Road noise there isnt much. All around perfect car.

Roomy truck!!, has a very good sound stock sound system. great leg room in the front not so much in the back. has very comfy seats.

Improve fuel ecomomy it was amazing but seemed to go down hill.

2000 Ford Focus LX, auto trans, I-4
By Chris

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2007 for my wife and before I went to the Coast Guard, the engine fell apart. Two rebuilds from valve seats dropping and I had enough. After 4,500 dollars rounded I had enough. Please think about this car before you buy. Ford did not recall the valve seats in the cylinder head. Get anything above 06 and that includes all I-4's in Tauris too. 99- 05 are all bad. Just I-4's though. Huntchbacks are fine...

Great on gas communting from Denver to Houston, fun and small and great for city life.

Recalling the cylinder heads, better lighting and better engine mounting (2).