Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Takes a lot of abuse
By Joemisseshisfocus

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

A lot of people bash the focus for being an unreliable car. When I bought mine as a used car it had 87,000 miles on it, two and a half years later it had 188,000 miles on it, it was my first good car. It's fast, reliable, has a great suspension and a great stereo. I beat the wheels off of this car, I delivered pizza in it and did other things you should not do to a compact car in it, any other car would have not withstood the abuse I gave it. I sold it and it is being enjoyed by someone else today. Only complaint. no armrest! this older model is better than the new ones they have out!

2.0 DOHC had great throttle response and good acceleration. Fantastic gas mileage, nice stiff suspension that hugged the road, good trunk space. Wonderful sound system.

door locks need to be redesigned for the back doors, give the car an armrest

Baby Mustang
By Marvin Proehl

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

We really enjoy the car! Our best gas mileage on a long trip 41 mpg with an average off 38 mpg. We have 205/55/r16 tires. The work that had to be done on was all done at the dealership. We had to replace the motor at 200,000 with a broken valve seat. I will say nothing bad about the car.

Fun to drive

Ford has done them.

Hated this car!
By tbone2123

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

This car was just totaled and that's the best thing that ever happened to us. We have spent so much money on it: engine, lock cylinder, window motors, etc, etc. There really is not much good that I can say about it. I looked it up on the Ford website and it was the second worst Ford ever made and the worst Focus ever made. It had over 100 recalls! Stay away from this car!

Long Lasting Car
By FocusOnWheels

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got the Focus in 2000. Other then it not having as bomb a sound system as the commercial made out it ran well and was a perfect tight handling city car. Great gas mileage. It wasn't until the care was 6 years old that it needed attention. (right after the warranty ended haha) I replaced the spark plugs, break pads and starter solenoid in the decade I've owned her. Not bad eh? I will say that at nearing 11 years old with 190,000. miles. on it. She's nearing retirement. But this was my first new car. It was a good experience, those to trash it on here might of got a lemon and had no sense to return theirs but overall, Ford Focus is a good line. For its time, 00 Focus was futuristic and fun.

Off the line, it's suspension and handling was perfect for pothole ridden big city streets. And it's gas mileage was great for highway trips out of town. Interior was sporty and comfortable, sound system adequate. Exterior was contemporary and cool. I'm saying was because 10 yrs in car it's a fossil.

I've seen the current 2010 Model my father purchased one. They are nice but may I suggest giving the interior a more sophisticated look. Think, Lexus IS or something snazzy. I'll like a car more if the interior feels like a million bucks. I'd be more inclined to buy too.

Terrific
By Clevelander

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

10 years and still going strong. Highly reliable. Love my car as much today as the day I bought it. Doesn't look or feel dated.

The sound system, comfy seat even on long trips, sporty, easy handling. Great comfort and visibility, especially for the shorter driver. More interior/cargo room than one might think.

Wish it was better in the snow.